logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2013 1:18:47 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Beste Wishes for the new year...

Following my latest live-event I was thinking about the following:

During the live event I used two Vmix computers to produce: VMIX 1 for mixing / titels and recording ondemand output etc (main) and VMIX 2 for the livestream to Ustream (also running flash streamer). The two computers are connected through BM output and input cards.

In this way I can seperate and record two different sets of output: VMIX 1 with the production and VMIX 2 live, with a ticker and special live overlays overlays etc. I will publish the recordings from VMIX 1 to youtube only because I don't want the live ticker and other live labels in the ondemand version.

Now my feature request: would it be possible to output the video over LAN / CAT 5/6 cable and input the signal into the dedicated machine into the VMIX2 set. Just as it works for the desktop capture, but dedicated for this function.

This would make a lot of laptops and other computers suitable for the task. The signal could run over a switch or direct into the computer (with an extra lan input). An extra network card would be much cheaper than an extra set of BM cards...

PS I use a variety of video over CAT systems, for SD and HDMI signals. This way I can have long cables (max 300 mtr SD and max 60 meter HD 720p). This basically would work the same and is a very simple and modern way of connecting video sources (I understand HDMI is out and CAT6 is in). The output / input for VMIX would work differently I guess and would be similar to the desktop capture method but specifically tuned for this task.

Is this a nice suggestion to begin the new year?!!

Greetings,
Stefan
ber142  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 4, 2013 5:28:33 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin

+1 for me.

I think it's a very usefull suggestion (since I am dealing with the same situation).

A few months ago I have suggested to make multiple outputs in VMIX with the possibility to assign an overlay to a certain output. When that's possible, you can e.g. record without overlays and stream with overlays.

But with the solution is probably more scalable and easier to implement

Kind Regards,

Hanno.
mh166  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 5:10:19 PM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Even better than just streaming to another specific PC: thanks to UDP and Multicast, one could broadcast it on LAN and then have one to many computers join this multicast group. So you'd need only one master vMix to stream to quite a bunch of secondary vMixes...

That should suit most peoples requirements of having lots of different output streams. :)