logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guztavo  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:11:20 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi to everyone.
I want to know how are you making money with vMix.
In my case, until may, i was earning money making basketball games. Two journalists have payed me for each game, that we broadcast live over Youtube, and later over a cable TV channel.
I earn the same money doing as director (switching two cameras, scoreboard, ads overlays, replays, and clips), than a classic editor guy (i did that way for 7 years) wich do this with Premiere Pro. The result it's actually very diferent, but i don't know how much money should i earn with this.
They earn money because the local club pays for the streaming service (not journalist service), because of a basketball regulation (they have a big website: http://www.laliganacional.com.ar/laliga/), and journalists in my case, sells advertisment.
Do you work for TV channels? Only live broadcast over internet? How do you do to earn money?
Regards!
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:46:42 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Hi guztavo,

I've been streaming floorball for a club to YouTube Live (see channel here: http://youtube.com/bfcfloorball ) for the last two years now At the moment, the job in the club has been as volunteer, and I have not earned money directly on the streaming that I've been doing there.

Instead, I work freelance, and has been hired a couple of times for some people, that saw which great services we provided to the streaming at the club, and they wanted something similar to their one-time events, and thereby, I earned money on those events.

In the upcoming season (staring authumn), we will focus in the club to sell advertisement in our stream, to make profit of streaming the games, and hopefully pay the producer og cameramen. At the moment we have approx 150-200 concurrent viewers at our streams, and we hope that companies will be interested in advertisements in our stream.

Best regards from Denmark :-)
thanks 1 user thanked stigaard for this useful post.
guztavo on 6/21/2016(UTC)
guztavo  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:58:02 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Dear stigaard,
Thanks for answering to my question. I see your market works like mine.
Now i'm starting a new project by my side, and i'm looking how i will earn money.
So if i want to do this, i need to sell advertisement, there isn't other way.
Regards.