logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DVE  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 3:13:40 PM(UTC)
DVE

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm looking at the vMix Go Plus, for a client. How many HD-SDI streams can one ISO record simultaneously?

How many RTSP streams can one ingest and record simultaneously?

How many NDI sources can one ingest/record?

Can the four SSD bays be configured as a RAID 0?
admin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 12:31:46 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
DVE wrote:
I'm looking at the vMix Go Plus, for a client. How many HD-SDI streams can one ISO record simultaneously?

How many RTSP streams can one ingest and record simultaneously?

How many NDI sources can one ingest/record?

Can the four SSD bays be configured as a RAID 0?

Hi,

To answer your questions:

ISO Recordings: Up to 4 HD-SDI cameras can be recorded at once to the included SSD
RTSP Streams: This will depend on the resolution and encoding quality of the source RTSP encoder, up to 4 should be possible.
NDI Sources: This is the same as the RTSP information above

If you want to do all of the above at the same time you may overload the system.
If you know the total number of inputs, recordings, streams etc you would like to do I can advise if it is possible.

You can configure the SSDs as RAID 0 but this is not necessary as a single SSD can handle 4 recordings simultaneously.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

DVE  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:23:53 AM(UTC)
DVE

Man

admin wrote:
DVE wrote:

ISO Recordings: Up to 4 HD-SDI cameras can be recorded at once to the included SSD
RTSP Streams: This will depend on the resolution and encoding quality of the source RTSP encoder, up to 4 should be possible.
NDI Sources: This is the same as the RTSP information above

If you want to do all of the above at the same time you may overload the system.
If you know the total number of inputs, recordings, streams etc you would like to do I can advise if it is possible.

You can configure the SSDs as RAID 0 but this is not necessary as a single SSD can handle 4 recordings simultaneously.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Thanks, Martin. I bring up RAID 0 because my client wants ten sources ISO recorded. He would probably be happy with eight. It could be eight SDI inputs and two NDI sources, or it could be four RSTP, four SDI and two NDI. I don't know if it makes a difference how you mix and match the sources. I don't know if it's even possible on one machine. That's why I'm asking! :)
admin  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 2:40:13 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Yes, so the vMix GO can support up to 4 ISO at a time. It may be able to do more as it is not a fixed limit, but any more than 4 is probably going to exceed the CPU limit.
As for inputs themselves 10 inputs is fine as long as only 4 need to be recorded.

DVE  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 11:13:38 AM(UTC)
DVE

Man

admin wrote:
Yes, so the vMix GO can support up to 4 ISO at a time. It may be able to do more as it is not a fixed limit, but any more than 4 is probably going to exceed the CPU limit.
As for inputs themselves 10 inputs is fine as long as only 4 need to be recorded.

Good to know. Now I can shatter my client's hopes and dreams with an overdose of reality. 8D
DVE  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 7:52:03 PM(UTC)
DVE

Man

admin wrote:

Hi, Martin:

Your 'supported hardware' page states; "The speed of the graphics card will determine how many HD cameras, inputs and simultaneous recording, streaming and outputs are possible." In the quote above, you mention CPU as the limiting factor––not GPU. Which is more important?
Mathijs  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 17, 2016 1:05:32 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Both is important, but most of the time the CPU will be the limiting factor.
If you spend 400 bucks on a video card, that will give you enough power to not have a limiting factor at the videocard (at 1080P).
If you spend 1000 bucks on a processor, it will still be the limiting factor.
Nick Davidson  
#8 Posted : Friday, July 22, 2016 9:31:05 AM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
DVE wrote:
admin wrote:

Good to know. Now I can shatter my client's hopes and dreams with an overdose of reality. 8D

You can build a custom PC that can handle the clients needs. I recommend Tom Sinclair from from Eastern Shore Broadcasting. He is a great guy and has built 2 very beefy PCs each capable of 8 HD inputs.

http://easternshorebroadcasting.com/