logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
aqu  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 5:13:45 AM(UTC)
aqu

Groups: Registered

I have similar use case but I would like to have audio delay also for audio busses (A & B). I also use vMix for video playback but I want to have separate audio output for media clips to prevent audio loopback.

Workaround for master audio output sync is to use some kind of monitoring card that provides analog audio output from sdi or hdmi. For example I use BMD HDLink https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/hdlink/ that have rca outputs for audio. (Although I have only manged to use audio channels 1 & 2, not 3-6)
AElli  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 6:25:25 AM(UTC)
AElli

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I'm away from the PC at the moment, but from memory clicking the cog icon bottom left of each source and selecting audio from the properties box allows you to add delay for the input. Do this for all your playback inputs that need the delay added.

http://www.vmix.com/help17/lib/Newitem106.png

A.
admin  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 8:17:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
It's not currently possible to set an audio delay on the analog outputs.

If it were a feature, it probably would not be all that practical as the processing delay by the Decklink card
is not a fixed amount from session to session and can vary quite a bit as all that matters is the output audio and video are in sync and not necessarily the delay to get them there!

So, your best solution might be a SDI analog extractor like the BM Mini Converter SDI to Analog which is only $195 and has SDI loop through.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 10:10:20 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
another alternative is the Behringer Shark.
admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 11:16:43 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
BETech wrote:
I won't quote the numerous applications/hardware that can achieve this.

I would be curious for my own interested what other software out there can do analog audio output and SDI output at the same time with configurable delay controls?
(As far as we know vMix is the only live production software out there with ASIO output, multiple busses, etc)

With most output card SDKs, including Decklink, there is limited control/info we have over the SDI stream. For example Decklink accepts, audio, video and timecode
data that is then queued on the card internally. Timing information, such as the exact instant that audio data is sent over SDI is unknown to the application and could be many frames later.

It is straightforward to add an audio delay setting for analog outputs, but as I said, since it won't be in sync with SDI it won't suit your use case and it isn't something that has been requested thus far. (And we have hundreds of feature requests at any given time we have to prioritise)

Regards,

Martin
vMix