logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
graphicsoutfitters  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 2:24:47 AM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

Groups: Registered

Now available for VMix via NDI.

Graphics Outfitters.com
r@wisla  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:26:08 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
graphicsoutfitters wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

But do You really think vMix customers pay $2500 for 8-digit ocr software where they have 4k switcher, graphics system (not that advanced but quite good), streaming, instant replay solution for max $1200?

For me the pricing is insane.
Stefan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:53:22 AM(UTC)
Stefan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looks great and easy to use.. Well done.

But I agree with r@wisla, it's way too expensive for us. Hope vMix will add these kind of features in the future.
graphicsoutfitters  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 12:59:11 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

But do You really think vMix customers pay $2500 for 8-digit ocr software where they have 4k switcher, graphics system (not that advanced but quite good), streaming, instant replay solution for max $1200?

We appreciate your feedback. We developed the NDI solution for our large base of Tricaster customers.. So since VMix also adopted NDI, then it naturally also works with VMix. Over the last month since NAB.. We have sold around 25 to VMix users here in the US and abroad. So we are quite happy with the initial response.

Best Regards,
Rich
corporatejames  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:15:13 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

Was going to say the exactly same thing not reach of the average joe which is what makes Vmix great. That price would be closer to $4000 in Australia with our current dollar.
corporatejames  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 6:20:35 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

We appreciate your feedback. We developed the NDI solution for our large base of Tricaster customers.. So since VMix also adopted NDI, then it naturally also works with VMix. Over the last month since NAB.. We have sold around 25 to VMix users here in the US and abroad. So we are quite happy with the initial response.

Best Regards,
Rich

So you only sold to 25 customers. You could have 1000+ if pricing right. And have continued regular sales. Many people would bypass your product due to price.
Tricaster also overpriced now in the market.

graphicsoutfitters  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 7:48:03 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

corporatejames wrote:
r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

Best Regards,
Rich

So you only sold to 25 customers. You could have 1000+ if pricing right. And have continued regular sales. Many people would bypass your product due to price.
Tricaster also overpriced now in the market.

25 Vmix customers in a month.. We consider this "Above our expectations" for basically no marketing to the VMix marketplace. If we sell, 1000 @ $500, or 200 @ $2,500 the revenue model is the same. Overall, it is a small part of our overall business.

Here is our latest Baseball/Sofball Application which we believe is the most comprehensive Baseball statistical application in the marketplace.
It also has some nice graphic animations also..

https://dl.dropboxuserco.../u/19302390/baseball.mp4

Best Regards,
Rich
corporatejames  
#8 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 8:48:21 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Quote:

25 Vmix customers in a month.. We consider this "Above our expectations" for basically no marketing to the VMix marketplace. If we sell, 1000 @ $500, or 200 @ $2,500 the revenue model is the same. Overall, it is a small part of our overall business.

Here is our latest Baseball/Sofball Application which we believe is the most comprehensive Baseball statistical application in the marketplace.

Best Regards,
Rich

I understand Rich but I would rather 1000 new loyal customers then 200. But I would look at purchasing if realistic pricing but I would have no way of convincing people to fund that and like most the vmix community. Like VMix their will many more products that come onto the market with NDI compatibility and you gain more sales in the long run. But product looks great just wish I could afford, which is why I spending alot of time designing and bundling my own but time consuming and easier if there is already a affordable solution available.
graphicsoutfitters  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 9:28:30 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

corporatejames wrote:
Quote:

Best Regards,
Rich

I understand Rich but I would rather 1000 new loyal customers then 200. But I would look at purchasing if realistic pricing but I would have no way of convincing people to fund that and like most the vmix community. Like VMix their will many more products that come onto the market with NDI compatibility and you gain more sales in the long run. But product looks great just wish I could afford, which is why I spending alot of time designing and bundling my own but time consuming and easier if there is already a affordable solution available.

Well, we welcome a competing product that provides the real time rendering functionality anywhere near this price point.

Once you get past the initial cost of the NDI Render License.. $1,999.. Each sport and application are only $499.. So everything you see in Basketball/ App/ Graphics, etc is only $499. You want to create your own additional graphics.. Then we provide the free Photoshop themed assets with fantastic transition effects. You want to add Baseball, or Soccer.. Only $499.. ea. after that. I think one you understand how fast the workflow is, and how much time it saves you.. You will find the value in the product.

A VMix customer in Australia we just sold a Render License and a Basketball App/Skin was ecstatic about the system after they used it the first time.

We make most of our Revenue with Network TV systems and sales..

Like I said earlier.. VMix came along with the development of NDI.. So we were actually quite surprised at the initial sales.

Rich
graphicsoutfitters  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 9:57:29 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

corporatejames wrote:
Quote:

Best Regards,
Rich

Here are some additional examples.. Like here are the starting LineUp's for Hockey..

https://dl.dropboxuserco...com/u/19302390/Hocky.mp4

Someone who looked at this forum emailed me about applications for eGames... I almost forgot we had done this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/...ture%20%2813%29.mp4?dl=0

Currently doing Darts and Dominos in between paying work.

Rich

corporatejames  
#11 Posted : Saturday, June 11, 2016 10:25:00 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

corporatejames wrote:
Quote:

Best Regards,
Rich

Here are some additional examples.. Like here are the starting LineUp's for Hockey..

https://dl.dropboxuserco...com/u/19302390/Hocky.mp4

Someone who looked at this forum emailed me about applications for eGames... I almost forgot we had done this one.

https://www.dropbox.com/...ture%20%2813%29.mp4?dl=0

Currently doing Darts and Dominos in between paying work.

Rich

Not saying I don't like your software, great work. Just be great for most us to able to afford. Your software was one of the first places I looked but price out of reach. Keep up the good work though.
JimJacobs  
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 12:09:29 AM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
This is a very nice product. Graphics Outfitters has always been cutting edge, but unfortunately, also extremely expensive for the low end user (which is most of us). I would point you to NewBlue FX for animated score graphics from their new NDI Titler package. You'll find its pricing much more to your liking, and while it won't do all the background workflow stuff the Graphics Outfiters package does, the look you can create is as good as theirs, and what shows on the screen is really what graphics is all about isn't it?
Rinsky  
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:07:05 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Why is there a 2000 $ difference between the iVGA and NDI license? Didn't iVGA become NDI?
graphicsoutfitters  
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 6:22:57 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

JimJacobs wrote:
This is a very nice product. Graphics Outfitters has always been cutting edge, but unfortunately, also extremely expensive for the low end user (which is most of us). I would point you to NewBlue FX for animated score graphics from their new NDI Titler package. You'll find its pricing much more to your liking, and while it won't do all the background workflow stuff the Graphics Outfiters package does, the look you can create is as good as theirs, and what shows on the screen is really what graphics is all about isn't it?

Jim: Thank you very much for your endorsement of our products. "Cutting Edge" is where we plan to be for many years to come. Our products provide our clients the "cutting edge" differential between the average, vs the AWESOME effect. Let's face it.. You buy some cameras, a video workflow solution like VMix, and you start producing sporting events. Just like everyone else.. But, what defines your product from theirs? The product differentiation is graphics. It is, in our opinion, what transforms... average into extraordinary. But ScoreHD is way more than graphics, it is the workflow..

For instance here is our Soccer App.. Now before the game, you enter or import your team rosters, like from Excel.

You go to the Stat Page and enter their Season number of Goals.

When they make a goal, you can quickly show the player data, time of the goal, and the season goals updated statistic.

When you go to the Half Time or Full Time Graphic, the goal/time data is automatically there. It is completely hands free to the user.

https://dl.dropboxuserco...om/u/19302390/SOCCER.mp4

So it a combination of both the accelerated workflow and the graphics.

So what does that cost, once you purchase the Render License... $499.. Basketball $499, Football $499.

Like I said... Vmix comes along with the NDI development that we already did..

Rich
graphicsoutfitters  
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 6:30:58 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

Rinsky wrote:
Why is there a 2000 $ difference between the iVGA and NDI license? Didn't iVGA become NDI?

Yes, IVGA became NDI.. For those systems up-gradable to Advanced Editions on the Tricaster.

But, the IVGA protocol is not as simple as NDI. Anyone that has used it will probably understand the frustrations in connecting via IVGA.. Which is why I think they (Newtek) came up with NDI.. IVGA results in much higher Customer Service calls when IVGA connection issues exist.

We will be happy the day we discontinue IVGA all together, but until then.. If you really want IVGA, then we provide it.

If you want to pay only 2K for NDI renderer.. Then update the device to NDI compatibility. (Better for us in the long term)
Rich
JimJacobs  
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 8:28:29 PM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Rich...while I will gladly give you props for your work, I agree that your pricing is too high. You're obviously after a high end market and anything you get below that is gravy to your bottom line. I did over 100 high school sporting events last year. We had over 93,000 people watch our high school football telecasts. We looked good with graphics created in LiveText. I think the per sport pricing you have is reasonable, but the render license is rather ridiculously high. And while I think graphics is important, not nearly as important as good camera work, combined with solid booth talent. I would suggest you look at something like Adobe has done with their Creative Cloud product. It makes the best software bundle out there obtainable for the average guy. I'd love to be on your beta team. I sold three Tricasters & 3Plays to move to the VMix platform. I believe vMix is the future for all but the highest end users. NewTek is great, but way overpriced. Good doesn't have to mean expensive anymore.
graphicsoutfitters  
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 12, 2016 10:40:14 PM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

JimJacobs wrote:
Rich...while I will gladly give you props for your work, I agree that your pricing is too high. You're obviously after a high end market and anything you get below that is gravy to your bottom line. I did over 100 high school sporting events last year. We had over 93,000 people watch our high school football telecasts. We looked good with graphics created in LiveText. I think the per sport pricing you have is reasonable, but the render license is rather ridiculously high. And while I think graphics is important, not nearly as important as good camera work, combined with solid booth talent. I would suggest you look at something like Adobe has done with their Creative Cloud product. It makes the best software bundle out there obtainable for the average guy. I'd love to be on your beta team. I sold three Tricasters & 3Plays to move to the VMix platform. I believe vMix is the future for all but the highest end users. NewTek is great, but way overpriced. Good doesn't have to mean expensive anymore.

Jim:

Thank you for your feedback. And I would agree that our bread and butter comes from the higher end markets.. We did a lot of business with Crosscreek before the F&F buyout in Birmingham. We find decent traction in the middle markets, like Huntsville City Schools in your area uses ScoreOCR and ScoreHD for Basketball, Football and Baseball. So as I said earlier, since we developed the NDI version for the Newtek marketplace, any sales in the VMix, or any other workflow platform that adopts NDI is literally.... found money. But, We do like your viewpoint the the growth of the VMix marketplace into the higher end markets. As you say. You believe VMix is the future for all but the highest end users, which means that at some point. Our target user base will transition to VMix and NDI. So that is good news for us. I guess we will have to wait it out then? Always stopped in Oxford at Sonny's BBQ when traveling between Birmingham and Atlanta. Beautiful area of the country!

Rich
graphicsoutfitters  
#18 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 12:09:13 AM(UTC)
graphicsoutfitters

corporatejames wrote:
r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

Was going to say the exactly same thing not reach of the average joe which is what makes Vmix great. That price would be closer to $4000 in Australia with our current dollar.

Since you are in Australia.. Fuzzy Media in Victoria just purchased ScoreHD VMix. They love it!
corporatejames  
#19 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 6:53:54 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

corporatejames wrote:
r@wisla wrote:

Graphics Outfitters.com

Great product.

Since you are in Australia.. Fuzzy Media in Victoria just purchased ScoreHD VMix. They love it!

I would love it too but never able to convince someone to pay $4000. And they are fairly professional company fuzzy media making major profit from TV advertising. You have great products not saying you don't but like sportstech who charge $15,000-$20,000 for sportcode prices are crazy for what it does compaired what you can do in software like premiere and after affects etc that far more advanced software.
corporatejames  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2016 6:55:29 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Keep up the great work just hope can afford it one day. Would happily advertise it for you for chance arose to promote it with everything I do.