logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cormac  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 9:23:19 AM(UTC)
Cormac

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

Hi
I run a recording , live streaming facility in Belfast, www.redboxrecording.com
just did my first live stream incorporating vmix last weekend and love the functionality.
I used a combination of c920s , camcorders and inbuilt computer webcams, all brought into my studio desk. through atem and gigabit ethernet routes.
I mixed sound , cameras and graphics myself . Don't think I'll be doing that again, a bit like being an octopus. I hoped to do it as a 2 room broadcast but with the bm ATEM attached my c920s would not work in the upstairs room , so thats for the next time.
I'm also working on trying to get a dmx lighting system or artnet system going over ethernet to give variety on the lighting front and then introduce some virtual sets in upstairs rooms.

kind regards
Cormac
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 4:36:25 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Well done!
Can't say that this particular music is my cup of tea, but I think you did a great job.
Especially if one considers the cameras you used. How did you get the audio into vMix?
(did you just tap a set up for PA, did you use a mix for the livestream only?)
Cormac  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 6, 2016 7:54:12 PM(UTC)
Cormac

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Richard thanks ,yes the music is modern classical in this instance but I also cover rock n roll , folk, jazz and indie styles so I'm hoping to get all that streamed as well. That downstairs room is connected to all the rest of the rooms in our studio via a box on the wall which has 16 analogue audio lines ,2 cat6 ,sdi .
etc.
I built this studio 2 years ago and wired it as much as I could afford ,as I knew live streaming was something I wanted to use to build excitement for the arts scene in Belfast .
So I took I think 8 Mic lines back into my desk upstairs into my 32 in out gsr24m desk . It is FireWire attached to the same computer as the vmix program. The best thing about the desk is that it is a pure analogue high quality console but also has a good number of midi assignable knobs and switches . I can switch the cameras from the desk as well as mix the sound .
Cheers C