logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nick Davidson  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 12:05:00 AM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I apologize in advance for this little rant but I am continually frustrated when trying to add new cameras to vMIx. I feel like it's this mysterious hunt to find just the right resolution and frame rate combination and hopefully, eventually viola! we get an image.

It would be great to have a tool that tells us what signal is coming out of the camera and in turn helps us adjust the input settings in vMix.

The current frustration:
i5-6600K 3.5ghz
16GB RAM
Windows 10
vMIx 17.0.0.85
Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder currently connected via HDMI
Sony a6300

I've tried every combination I can come up with the get vMix to recognize the camera and not dice :(

I have tried to capture in BMD Media Express and have not picture either so It's not vMIx ( I don't think).

The frustration is trying to figure out what camera settings need to be made to make the BMD capture device happy and the capture software happy.

If anyone has success with the a6300 being connected to vMIx, I'd appreciate your hel
Len56  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 1:47:59 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Hi Nick,

You need to set your camera and the Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder to the same resolution
So try this, go to your camera and set the resolution to 1080p 29.97, then go to the Blackmagic control panel and set that to the same resolution, that should work.

I have the Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro Card and I have to have the same resolution set up that way for vMix and Media Express to see my camera.
ovinas  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 29, 2016 2:25:03 AM(UTC)
ovinas

Man

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Resolution was never set in the Blackmagic control panel (with DeckLink Mini Recorder PCIe). It's simply not possible to do that. But you have to check for the correct input (HDMI or SDI) there. It then auto detects the signal. Take this for the settings in Media Express or vMix. If it doesn't detect the signal try some other settings in the camera or check the cables.
ovinas attached the following image(s):
Blackmagic-CP.jpg (30kb) downloaded 3 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Nick Davidson  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 9:44:23 AM(UTC)
Nick Davidson

Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Thanks for the replies, I do connect different kinds of cameras via BMD devices on a regular basis but every now and then I get one that gives me trouble.

I'll keep messing with it but really wish it wasn't this difficult. We really shouldn't have to go through every possible combination we can think of to get the hardware and software talking to each other.

Once I find the right combination I'll be good, hopefully but If the camera is set to output a certain resolution and frame rate, then vMix should simply be set to the same resolution and frame rate.

This does not work though. I have made changes in the BMD software too. Still no love.
sinc747  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 31, 2016 1:32:43 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 195 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Nick,

If you ant to call me, I'll help you troubleshoot the card and/or cam.

- Tom