logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nightdawn  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 2:16:58 PM(UTC)
nightdawn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, don't know if it has already been asked.
Is it possible to output Key and Fill HD or SD signals with alpha channel through a Decklink card?
I manage on doing this with Medialooks CG software, but vMix interface would be a lot better!

Thanks

Diego
admin  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:41:11 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Diego,

I've done some investigation in this regard and discovered the following:

1. The DeckLink Studio card supports External Keying (Key + Fill) so I was wondering if you noticed a setting
in the Blackmagic Control panel to turn this functionality on or off?

2. vMix can be set to output a full RGB32 channel with alpha channel to the DeckLink card.
If you can turn on external keying in the control panel then it should be possible with existing versions of vMix.

3. If there is no control panel option then I will need to release an update to configure this via the API.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
nightdawn  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:02:36 PM(UTC)
nightdawn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Martin,
there seems to be no such option in the blackmagic control panel. I think this has to be set via software.
In this link (Medialooks CG) you can see in the Medialooks program the dropdown to select Internal or External keying.
So far I've been using this program with a Decklink Studio 2, which outputs a HD fill and a SD key (due to hardware limitations); and a Decklink HD Extreme 3D to output both in Full HD (1920x1080).
Implementing the key and fill feature (both HD and SD) in vMix will surely increase yours (and mine too) business as vMix would combine a mixing program with a character generator, and an easy and comfortable user interface.

Meanwhile I am here, I would like to ask you if in some future release, would be possible to add smaller previews too.
As for now the minimum size is 208x156, but if you can add to the dropdown a 110-120 px width preview it would be easier to manage more inputs together.

Thank you.