logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Braindead  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 11:45:56 AM(UTC)
Braindead

Groups: Registered

You can probably tell by my ignorant questions but I am a new & confused vMix user.Be patient but prepare for lots of questions!

I am using a Magewell converter to convert HDMI(720x480)from my camera to USB 3.0 and taking USB 3.0 into vMix. Unfortunately, I get the error message "Capture Device Is Not Supported, Device Reported the following: Capture
32595559-0000-0010-8000-00aa00389b71"

I found the Magewell listed as a source but vMix is not cooperating.

Also, is there a good SIMPLE online tutorial in sections?

Help!
JimJacobs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:49:09 PM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I don't think your application will work the way you intend it to. There are tons of issues with HDMI sources....how long are your cables? Do you have the right resolution selected in VMix? I'm not a Magewell user so I can't help you, but you might want to contact Tom Sinclair at Eastern Shore Broadcasting. He's a VMix reseller and also sells Magewell cards. If anybody can help you over the phone, it's Tom. Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked JimJacobs for this useful post.
sinc747 on 5/15/2016(UTC)
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:10:03 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
What camera are you connecting? I use Magewell Internal capture cards, so it is not the USB style. But they require the proper resolution from the camera. The HDMI out is going to be an HD signal if it is an HD camera, in most cases. There should be a software that came with the capture device. try a few different resolutions to see if you can get the video to show up there first, before trying to import it in to vMix. If you set the Magewell to ingest (capture) an SD signal but it is receiving an HD signal it will not work properly.

You may be able to import HD and then down convert that signal into SD on the Magewell device and bring that SD signal into vMix. Or just capture the HD signal and set vMix to down convert to SD as well. If your computer can handle the extra load.

Chuck
Braindead  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:45:22 PM(UTC)
Braindead

Cpilcher wrote:
What camera are you connecting? I use Magewell Internal capture cards, so it is not the USB style. But they require the proper resolution from the camera. The HDMI out is going to be an HD signal if it is an HD camera, in most cases. There should be a software that came with the capture device. try a few different resolutions to see if you can get the video to show up there first, before trying to import it in to vMix. If you set the Magewell to ingest (capture) an SD signal but it is receiving an HD signal it will not work properly.

You may be able to import HD and then down convert that signal into SD on the Magewell device and bring that SD signal into vMix. Or just capture the HD signal and set vMix to down convert to SD as well. If your computer can handle the extra load.

Chuck

I am using a Sony PXW-X70 for this application.I have tried exporting with several formats including i&P, HD&SD...no luck.
I am starting to think the problem is the Magewell converter.
I will keep trying different things.

Thanks
Cpilcher  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 15, 2016 1:59:04 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
The fist thing to get working will be the capture card seeing the video feed. There is usually some software installed with your device that will let you get to the settings.

That camera looks to be outputting 1080i59.94 video. Out of the HDMI port you will usually always get this resolution regardless of what settings you choose in your camera menu. It is the unprocessed signal coming straight from the video sensor.

keep vmix out of the equation until you can get video in to the capture card. webcam software will also let you see what that device is seeing if nothing was installed by default. then once you get conformation that you are receiving a signal to the card, we can start getting that video in to vMix.
SportsNetUSA.net  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 1:46:32 AM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
The Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI HDMI to USB 3.0 uses Windows drivers, so it's plug and play. I have one and it has worked every time so far. As Cpilcher recommended get it working outside of vMix first if you can.

Yesterday just happened to test the Magewell XI100DUSB on an old Sony HVR HU1000 which outputs 1080i to see if it would de-interlace output for vMix. It did.

The Magewell always shows up as a camera source for me in vMix. I've also used it with USB 2.0 ports.

JimJacobs mentioned cable length. How long are the HDMI cables?
Braindead  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 16, 2016 8:33:01 AM(UTC)
Braindead

SportsNetUSA.net wrote:
The Magewell XI100DUSB-HDMI HDMI to USB 3.0 uses Windows drivers, so it's plug and play. I have one and it has worked every time so far. As Cpilcher recommended get it working outside of vMix first if you can.

Yesterday just happened to test the Magewell XI100DUSB on an old Sony HVR HU1000 which outputs 1080i to see if it would de-interlace output for vMix. It did.

The Magewell always shows up as a camera source for me in vMix. I've also used it with USB 2.0 ports.

JimJacobs mentioned cable length. How long are the HDMI cables?

I have narrowed it down to my camera....weird!Many thanks to Tom Sinclair at Eastern Shore Broadcasting. They got my future business. Tom is a super guy!!!
jmkraft  
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 5, 2017 4:56:43 PM(UTC)
jmkraft

I know, it's an old post but still might help some people...
I had the same problem with the Sony X70.
The new Magewell USB Capture HDMI Plus works with VMix and the Sony X70.