logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cpilcher  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 4:30:50 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I'm not sure how feasible this would be to implement, but I have a suggestion for the Web Controller for iOS. Right now all the touch devices take the immediate touch to create an action. As soon as you touch the transition button, the transition is activated. For me this creates a problem if the operator touches the screen by mistake.

iOS devices now have 3D touch, which can detect the force that is applied to the screen. This would open up a new possibility for me if vMix could use this functionality when switching video feeds.

For example: There is a button for Camera 1 & Camera 2. A normal touch on the camera input could bring it in to preview... while a "press" could allow it to go straight to program/ Output. The same could be done for the transition buttons, which could make it less risky during a live production to trigger the wrong actions. the same could be accomplished with long or short presses, for devices that do not support 3d touch. a touch would preview, while a long hold on the screen would allow a direct cut to Program.

Just some ideas...