logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
um@equilive.dk  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:49:10 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Groups: Registered

I have just purchased a Lenovo IdeaPad Y700 that is going to be used for VMIX productions - much easier to bring a small laptop than a workstation etc, for smaller productions.

Things seems to be working BUT when I try the Local NDI Capture I only get a blank screen for the application that i am trying to capture. The only window/application that seems to work is the Vmix application. All other either shows strange things or just a blank window.

I have tried to make a NDI capture from another computer with the NDI Desktop Capture and it seems to be working fine.

I am using version 17.0.0.77 x64

The computer spec are Core i7 with a Intel graphics adapter and a Geforce GTX 960M adapater. Under performace in Vmix it show the Geforce adapter as graphic adapter.

Trying the same operation on my Vmix workstation everything works just fine with the local NDI Capture...

Can someone please help me with this issue (would like to use it for a show next week :-))

The Lenovo laptop is using hybrid graphics (Optimus) - can it be because of this... ?

Kind regards
Ulrik
AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:11:39 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Though it is unlikely with a local desktop capture, is there any chance a firewall or anti virus is getting in the way?
corporatejames  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:27:46 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Is the application that you have for the desktop camera using the Intel card or Nvidia? Try setting the application in nvidia properties to set the application use this GPU. Had trouble in the past that if was not using same GPU I got weird results on the laptop.
um@equilive.dk  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 6:28:44 PM(UTC)
um@equilive.dk

Hi Alan,

Have been playing around with it even more. I think that it is because of the Optimus thing. If I force the application the I want to NDI Capture locally to use the Geforce adapter, it seems to be working as expected.

If for some reason the appliation uses the "integrated graphic" instead, it cannot make a correct capture. Since it's not possible to force fx. explorer.exe to use the Geforce adapter - it is not possible to capture that application.

Anybody with more knowledge about this Optimus thing, please feels free to share important tips and tricks, thanks

/Ulrik