logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
davebrandt  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2016 5:15:39 PM(UTC)
davebrandt

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Was hoping someone might help.

We were using vmix 17 on win7 with NDI from a MacBook Pro. Connection all good but every once in a while when the presenter advanced slides the video feed to vmix would lag. When we stepped through the presentation it was ok mostly. There seemed to be no reason or repeatable slide. We tried a brand new presentations and it also happened the odd time. When left alone it would catch up sometimes after about a minute. Or once we advanced slides it moved with us fine but the. Would randomly lag again on another slide. Not always the same slide.

MAC was in dual
Screen mode connected to a projector at 1024x768 through thunderbolt to VGA adapter.

I'm hoping someone might have some ideas?

We resorted back to splitting the VGA and converting to Hdmi into a BM design mini recorder pci and all was good but NDI is so much neater

By the way we were connected through our own router, only the 2 devices. No external connection or Internet.

Thanks
Dave Brandt

madido  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 3:29:26 AM(UTC)
madido

I had the same problem with a Keynote presentation from a Macbook air few days ago...
The only solution was to revert to Vmix 16 and the old desktop capture...

Stefano
Len56  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 9:47:39 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I have a similar problem using a MacBook Pro Retina, inputting that into vMix 17.0.0.77 via NDI.

When playing a video it plays in sync via NDI into my windows 7 PC but if I close down out of the video app to go to my desktop and then go back into the video app again I get a lag or nothing happens at all and the screen is blank in vMix, so I have to go back to input and input the NDI source in again.

The other thing I have noticed on the mac version of NDI Capture is I cannot hide the mouse pointer like you can with the windows version, I am using the latest version of vMixDesktopCaptureMacNDI4May.

I hope Martin can help with our problems on this one.
admin  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 12:33:50 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4165 time(s) in 1496 post(s)
Can you try the following to see if it helps:

http://www.vmix.com/down...opCaptureMacNDI4MayB.zip
Len56  
#5 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 2:08:04 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Martin,

The new vMixDesktopCaptureMacNDI4MayB you posted today seems to have done the trick for me at least but I would still like to be able to turn off the mouse pointer would be possible?

Also when going into input and clicking on the NDI/Desktop Capture there is many screen captures abd can be confusion on what screen to bring in to vMix, the one I noticed to work was the destop screen capture that let me bring in any thing from my macbook.

Thanks Martin.

Well done so far.
kane  
#6 Posted : Friday, May 6, 2016 7:11:01 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
NDI Scan Converter Lite (or the full version) do not show the Mac mouse pointer thru NDI, you can find these apps in the Apple Store.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
Len56  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 1:47:36 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Kane,

I tried the NDI Scan Converter Lite and yes it dose not show the mouse pointer, but the problem I got was I got video into vmix but no sound so I think I will stay with vmix desktop capture as I can get video and sound into vmix. I did look at the full version of NDI Scan Converter and that does have sound so I may buuy that at a later date.

Thanks
davebrandt  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2016 4:29:14 AM(UTC)
davebrandt

HI,

I haven't got a chance to use the new mac desktop capture, but yesterday I was testing a PC version of latest capture with latest powerpoint and it exhibited the same issues (Slides not updating as they were advanced on the laptop.

It worked fine on other desktop captures, such as video playback, software windows etc etc. Just powerpoint.

I disabled hardware acceleration on desktop capture which helped a bit. There was still a lag though, about 2 seconds, at least the slides did update properly. This lag makes it unusable though. Could anyone confirm this issue, Its a brand new laptop, core i5, and as I said, video playback was fine, just powerpoint slides.

All connections are gigabit

Thanks in advance

Dave
doa  
#9 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 6:25:56 AM(UTC)
doa

Man
Netherlands

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I still got problems on mac at the moment. If there is some time between 2 slides then nothing is captured. This means that on vmix the previous slide is still visible.
Peter B  
#10 Posted : Friday, October 7, 2016 10:33:41 AM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Having the same lag issue here, I'll give the new driver a try.