logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DwFMagik  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 8:58:22 PM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Groups: Registered

Hi there everyone.

Fairly new to vmix and in need of some support;

I've got a matrox vs4 which i've attached 2 sdi cameras (a panasonic aw-he50s, and a ag-hpx250en). Both are set to 720/50 and both recognised within vmix.

If I keep the cameras moving, vmix keeps up and there is very little stress on my cpu and gpu (as indicated both in vmix, and in resource monitor) - and in fact I can have a virtual screen setup with those two cameras moving, 2 1080p videos and a ticker going with no loss to framerate.

However, if I put my HPX250EN on a tripod and leave it for a minute or so, when I go to move it, its image is frozen for a good few seconds before clipping to a live animated shot again.

I can't see any extra stress, and can't get similar results when plugging it into our rolan v800hd mixer, so this is either a capture card issue, or vmix - although I'm now out of ideas on trying to fix.

Can anyone suggest anything? Without a reliable second camera, I'm really stuck.

Many thanks
DwFMagik  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2016 10:27:02 PM(UTC)
DwFMagik

Groups: Registered

I have just moved my matrox vs4 into a 16x PCI slot (despite their website saing a 8x is more than adequate) and it appears to have stopped lagging on movement - although a lot more thorough testing is required. can anyone confirm if that has been an issue before, and/or if theres anything else I can do to minimize lag/latency?

Everything is set to 720/50 (both cameras, and vmix output).

cheers
admin  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2016 1:01:03 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4160 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Hi,

It is certainly a strange issue and in general vMix will display whatever the card is sending so it sounds like on some slots
the card is falling to "sleep" perhaps due to power management on that system.

Try changing to High Performance in the windows power options or failing that you may need to contact Matrox to see if they know of this problem.

Regards,

Martin
vMix