logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NiBTour  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 3:58:48 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Guys,

I'm lost. I'm not sure where the issue lies or what to even call it or search for. This is not a camera but a hdmi TV output. Actually a capture using a magewell hdmi to usb3. Worked great and then got on site and the video is fine but looks like it zooms in and out. Almost like vMix is scaling it in and out. But I can't find anything and it just started happening. It's not a camera so not auto zoom but a screen capture. All other inputs are fine using same capture cards. So not sure if it's a video thing or what?? All outputs are 720p and all screens are the same.

Lost....

-King
AlanZ  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 23, 2016 8:03:10 PM(UTC)
AlanZ

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I wonder if it has something to do with HDMI copy protection on the HDMI signal from that tv.
NiBTour  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 28, 2016 5:37:51 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
BETech wrote:
Hi KING, Have seen and heard of this issue before. The problem may be the EDID and/or the HDMI Content Protection with the TV receiver. Not all manufacturers deal with this in the same way unfortunately.

The best solution is to purchase a small & cheap( $40) set-top-box, and plug-in to their RF feed. That way you can ensure the STB receiver is compatible with the capture hardware your using. You can test and set-up at work or home at your leisure, knowing when you arrive at the job, there will be no problems.

It seems to also happen from my (all of them actually) Canon Vixia's as well. So that would rule out the TV correct? Removing vMix all together and just using Magewell USB Capture HDMI encoder "helper" software from their sight it happens as well. So it seems the common ground is either the conversion to USB3 or the Magewell cards. So i'll be talking to them.

Just out of experience what do you guys use if you need to run 30M cables to your camera's and TV's? Encoders ect? ive been cutting costs to play around but maybe its time to insure i'm not wasting money as well. then again ive heard nothing but great things about these Magewell's.

-King

p.s.

Thanks!