logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
NiBTour  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 2:29:35 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
So I’m pretty new to Broadcasting and vMix and I tried searching everywhere to find my answer yet no one’s brings it up so I’m hoping I’m just doing something stupid.
How to import high quality PNG files as inputs? And keep the quality!

So for example I’ve created a logo in AI and then ported it to PNG. The PNG file looks perfect in any program including the web and scales well. However, the second I add it into vMix (build 17.0.0.76) the image quality looks like I went back 8 years. In fact, anything I create looks horrible in vMix.

So my question to you guys is how do you get solid graphics to show in vMix? These are graphics I created and can port to anything and they look fine in even MS Paint. I’m using PNG24 and RGB but I’ve also tried 8bit and everything else.

My end goal is creating overlays to stream to Twitch or YouTube. I’ve seen these same graphics in OBS and stream fine but not in vMix so I think it’s something I’m doing.

P.S.
I’m also looking to hire someone to speed my progress up since anything I do looks like its 2bit even though I’m streaming at 720p and my graphics are all 32bit and 8bit which look great outside of vMix.

Thanks for your help!

-King
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:29:06 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ NiB Tour

Can you by chance share some images of the problem and some of the specs of your system?
vMix should automatically scale your images to fit your screen when you add them, so maybe it has something to do with that, what are the original dimensions of your graphics?

Ice

Jim_C  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 11:39:17 PM(UTC)
Jim_C

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Try creating your graphics at the size of your vMix output.

If you're streaming at 720, set your AI or Photoshop size to 1280x720 from the get go. Create then output as .png.

NiBTour  
#4 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 12:06:12 AM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Sorry for the delay in response. I completely forgot I posted this it must of been an all night run for me. anyway it still happens but what I found its just the external display output that looks crappy. The recording and stream looked fine.

however I still can't get the highly detailed images to look the same and I am designing at the same res as vMix. I'll get some new examples and share them.

system:
vMix: 17.0.83
Win 10 64bit *
Quadro M2000M & HD Graph Intel 530 (vMix doesn't play well with two GPU's like this I found)
32GB ram
i7 6920HQ quad 3.0Ghz
2xSSD 500's

again I've learned a lot since that post and I think it was just the external output but the actual stream and recording were fine.

i'll check it out tomorrow

-King