logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
voyagermix  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 3:32:05 AM(UTC)
voyagermix

Groups: Registered
Man
Mexico

I have an LowerThird animation in .PNG , i try to load that animation with VMIX TITLE DESIGNER but only load the first file

wath i can do for animations i créate in After Effects ( lowerthirds ) can function perfectly in the Vmix?
stigaard  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:01:16 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
Sounds more like a stinger than a title / lower third you're creating.

The animated lower third that is included in vMix is done in XAML (with "coding").

I'm not sure if it is possible to export from After Effects to a XAML file.

This doesn't help you much, but if I were you, I would take a look at the sourcecode of the default animated lower third title, and try to play around with the code. Simply open the AnimatedHD.xaml in your notepad editor, edit some code, save and reload in vMix. Perhaps it's a good idea to save the original, in case of code not working.
corporatejames  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 6:37:51 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
stigaard wrote:
Sounds more like a stinger than a title / lower third you're creating.

The animated lower third that is included in vMix is done in XAML (with "coding").

I'm not sure if it is possible to export from After Effects to a XAML file.

This doesn't help you much, but if I were you, I would take a look at the sourcecode of the default animated lower third title, and try to play around with the code. Simply open the AnimatedHD.xaml in your notepad editor, edit some code, save and reload in vMix. Perhaps it's a good idea to save the original, in case of code not working.

Unfortunately XAML is created using Blend for Visual Studio. I'm currently using 2013 as the 2015 version doesn't have import tool for Photoshop and Illustrator.
Demo
Sample XAML animated titles for SKTK

I have almost completed graphic images to put into the xaml titles that I have done a fair bit of work to since I upload this demo video a week or so ago.

I will be uploaded a new video in the next couple of weeks.

Last season I did most of our graphics in AfterEffects but need a faster way to enter data. I have also worked how to connect XAML to a external XML file that is generated by ASP and SQL Database so that I can feed the team lineups and stats into the titles instantly. You will need to compile the WPF XAML project as a DLL to have the code behind work in Vmix. For standard animated titles you can just import the XAML file.

If need and assistance to get started let me know.
thanks 1 user thanked corporatejames for this useful post.
voyagermix on 4/15/2016(UTC)
Egriswold  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:06:58 PM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
voyagermix wrote:
I have an LowerThird animation in .PNG , i try to load that animation with VMIX TITLE DESIGNER but only load the first file

wath i can do for animations i créate in After Effects ( lowerthirds ) can function perfectly in the Vmix?

One way would be to import the image sequence then add a basic title that you've created in editor so text lines up correctly.
After bringing in these two modules set a trigger for the sequence to overlay the text at proper timing point then set trigger on text to turn off overlay of image sequence. you will have to play with timing to get it to look good. I have done variations of this many times and it's not hard once you get the idea of how it works.
Good luck
thanks 1 user thanked Egriswold for this useful post.
voyagermix on 4/15/2016(UTC)
voyagermix  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 11:23:50 PM(UTC)
voyagermix

Man
Mexico

yes !, I had thought of that, start the animation, and almost immediately after I click on the text, will not be instant but might work, because there is no way to call the text and at the same time start the LowerThird animation.

thanks for answering
Egriswold  
#6 Posted : Sunday, April 17, 2016 10:55:49 AM(UTC)
Egriswold

Man
United States

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 32 post(s)
voyagermix wrote:
yes !, I had thought of that, start the animation, and almost immediately after I click on the text, will not be instant but might work, because there is no way to call the text and at the same time start the LowerThird animation.

thanks for answering

You could create a keyboard/MIDI shortcut to activate both at same time then use delayed triggers to take them off.
fenki86  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 3:01:30 PM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
corporatejames wrote:
stigaard wrote:

Last season I did most of our graphics in AfterEffects but need a faster way to enter data. I have also worked how to connect XAML to a external XML file that is generated by ASP and SQL Database so that I can feed the team lineups and stats into the titles instantly. You will need to compile the WPF XAML project as a DLL to have the code behind work in Vmix. For standard animated titles you can just import the XAML file.

If need and assistance to get started let me know.

As I see you managed to pull data from an external xml-file. May I ask how you managed to do that? For the upcoming season we are switching the provider of the live game data (f.e. game clock, score, etc.). As of right now I control this data manually over vMix with shortcuts. The new provider is able to deliver the data via xml which would make life so much easier. ;-)
Speegs  
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:35:18 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Quote:

As I see you managed to pull data from an external xml-file. May I ask how you managed to do that? For the upcoming season we are switching the provider of the live game data (f.e. game clock, score, etc.). As of right now I control this data manually over vMix with shortcuts. The new provider is able to deliver the data via xml which would make life so much easier. ;-)

You can do as corporatejames is doing and program XAML into a DLL. That is the best way, but maybe not the easiest.

Or

I create my titles and use a Powershell script to get the data from something, eg: XML (local or web), Json Source, CSV File, Database etc.. Then post the data into your already designed title using the Vmix webapi. So a little Powershell script acts a data bridge. Grabbing from source, delivering to Vmix webapi. I use powershell as it's versatile, doesn't NEED extra compiled binaries on your Vmix machine that could crash. Is reasonably easy to debug. Almost every Vmix computer has powershell already installed thanks to Microsoft. I also use powershell for many server admin tasks which is why I went down that path.

Some basics are here: http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=1177 and scattered in other posts I've actually put code up. Still has a learning curve if you have never used powershell.

You could do it with any programming or scripting language, that is what is so great about the VMix web api, you can do many things with it. You already have powershell installed, it's a great tool to glue two things together in an automated way. One of the best things Microsoft has added to all recent Windows operating systems, that is often overlooked.
Speegs  
#9 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:46:34 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Powershell get the currently playing video from the first Vmix Playlist, may not be the most efficient code, but works just fine:

#Where to get your data from
$xmlurl = "http://localhost:8088/API/"
#Get the XML
[xml]$data = (New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString($xmlurl)
#Using an XPath filter down to what you need
$node = $data.SelectNodes("/vmix/inputs/input[@type='VideoList']")
#Turn into a string object
$title = ($node | Select-Object -ExpandProperty title | Out-String)
#Remove some extra stuff prefixing the playing item
$title = $title -replace "^List - ", ""
#Remove the extension on the filename
$title = $title.split('.')[0]

How to set a title:

$apicallurl1 = "http://localhost:8088/API/?Function=SetText&Input=$input_no&SelectedName=$title_name&Value=" + $title
(New-Object System.Net.WebClient).DownloadString("$apicallurl1")

fenki86  
#10 Posted : Monday, May 30, 2016 7:51:01 AM(UTC)
fenki86

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
thanks for your inputs - I'll give it a try and hope that I can make that happen (even without previous knowledge of any kind). ;-)

Best regards
redbeard  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 4:48:41 PM(UTC)
redbeard

Man

I will second the Powershell/API approach. I have used this for over a year to provide live overlays (created handily in the vMix Title Designer) for sports events (basketball and lacrosse). Have updated as many as 30 or so potential overlays, with little load on the system.
Thremir  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2016 5:11:08 PM(UTC)
Thremir

Man

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I've done loads of animation with XAML + AE .mov. Just read timecode from AE and start animating in blend.

Put .xaml on top of .mov file in multiview in vMix and overlay .mov file on whatever channel.

Cheers,
Håvard