logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cpilcher  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 4:55:55 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I just got off a conference call with my next production job and I have a few questions for you guys. I am going to be doing a dual stream for a live television production. One feed will be going to Univision (an American Spanish Broadcast Network), and another will be fed to a Web Service and streamed live to subscribers across the globe. Both will be sent via separate satellite connections.

This brings me to some new production requirements that I'm not used to. Univision wants a clean audio feed, since they will be using my background audio but adding their own Commentary and other assets in Spanish, while my Internet stream will be using my normal production audio with commentary as usual.

They also have requirements for clean video so they can add their own titles and production graphics in Spanish as well. But this I think I can handle with the separate video output options already included with vMix.

can anyone help me get 2 independent audio streams from within vMix? I don't mind adding equipment if necessary but if there is a way to do it natively that would be great. Thanks

Chuck P
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 7:13:04 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Cpilcher

Have you considered NDI as a possible solution?

Ice
Cpilcher  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:43:04 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I haven't done much with NDI yet, except follow some of the discussions on the forum. I'm looking at the external output options trying to figure out a way to route the audio.

I can configure the External 2 output and remove overlays I don't want, so the video will be clean. Is there a way to select an audio input other than the master?

I'll look into any NDI options you may know about as well. Need to get a solution figured out so I can get enough testing in. Thanks.
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2016 9:40:53 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Any other ideas? I'm wondering if I should look at some external hardware solutions to mix the audio and video streams I need. Not seeing any options for export of secondary "clean" audio feeds.
sinc747  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 2:18:48 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
Can you use the A & B audio busses to decide which audio sources you want to which audio devices?

- Tom
Cpilcher  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 2:49:59 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Thanks Tom, I understand how to select using the audio bus. So I am able to route (for example) Camera 1 audio to Master and Bus A. Then my commentary audio only to master.

My problem has been trying to find a way to output "External 2" with the audio from Bus A along with the video feed.

By the way it was your videos from years back that introduced me to switching software in the first place. Thanks for that.
thanks 1 user thanked Cpilcher for this useful post.
sinc747 on 4/15/2016(UTC)
kjones9999  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 4:36:33 PM(UTC)
kjones9999

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I am just learning the ropes, but I think voicemeeter banana can do that....

http://vb-audio.pagesperso-orange.fr/Voicemeeter/

Others here have used it extensively and can chime in...
SportsNetUSA.net  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 6:19:23 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
Cpilcher

If this is the first gig you're doing for Univision, make sure to choose the most reliable solution so they call on you in the future.

Unless one of the software solution fits that, I'd serious look at a hardware solution if it's within your budget. You don't want to leave anything to chance when working with a major broadcast company.
Ramón  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 7:16:27 PM(UTC)
Ramón

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hola cPilcher, as commented may have several different output audios, you probably already have everything you need on your own computer whenever the audio from your plate is 5.1
We can help from Spain in panexsl@gmail.com
Cpilcher  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 9:16:59 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I definitely want to make a good impression. They have seen my work and like the results, but this will be my first working with Univision.

I use a Scarlet 18i20 USB Interface. So I can output any combination of feeds into an external device to merge the video and audio. I'd like to hear what solutions you may recommend.

If I could find a native solution through vMix, I think I would prefer that. But I need to get something in the works to get confident with the setup.

Thanks.
Cpilcher  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 5:16:44 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

EDIT: Actually I have a Black Magic Mini Converter that I could use to add the audio as I convert from HDMI to SDI. I would also still like to hear what devices you may be able to recommend, I would rather not over complicate my setup with a workaround. Thanks

I'm not sure if this is something that would provide acceptable results? I could patch directly from my Audio Interface and select which audio source to use on the adapter...

http://www.amazon.com/Hd...ace-Signal/dp/B00EWBODLU