logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
loganwhite  
#21 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2016 10:16:20 PM(UTC)
loganwhite

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've noticed that inputs recorded through the MultiCorder are upside down! Tried various file types: Decklink MJPEG and H264. The files from the PGM Record appear normal.
admin  
#22 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 12:33:34 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4146 time(s) in 1491 post(s)
lbgaus wrote:
I seem to be noticing a problem in vMix 17 where you cannot add a Decklink input at 720p60, 59.94 works but 60 gives a "FrameRate Not Supported" error. Reverting back to vMix 16 resolved the problem.

Thanks!

Thanks, this will be fixed in the next update.
admin  
#23 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 12:34:15 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

loganwhite wrote:
I've noticed that inputs recorded through the MultiCorder are upside down! Tried various file types: Decklink MJPEG and H264. The files from the PGM Record appear normal.

What sort of capture card is being used? I'm not seeing any issues capturing MultiCorder in 17.76
jip  
#24 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 1:36:05 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
I just upgraded to 17.0.0.76 x64 (Win7). NDI looks a really promising feature!

However:
The browser input stays black for a good while, and when I right-click the input and go to Properties, input new address and Update, there is a cryptic error message "Error Aborted".
I can access the web page with Chrome without problems.

UPDATE:

The web page took couple of minutes to load properly. The images take a long time to load, even if in Chrome the page loads instantanously (50M downlink speed)
Any help on this matter?
Teye  
#25 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 11:09:41 AM(UTC)
Teye

New Vmix user: using Vmix 17 on new laptop with I7, 8megs and GeForce 945m vid....when I use the web browser input I see nothing ..just a
black screen...I can't figure out why.. Used several different URLs ....

Thanks...Tye
DYosua  
#26 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 2:39:49 PM(UTC)
DYosua

Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Teye wrote:
New Vmix user: using Vmix 17 on new laptop with I7, 8megs and GeForce 945m vid....when I use the web browser input I see nothing ..just a

Thanks...Tye

One thing you can try is making sure that both vMix and the program used for the browser input are using the GeForce GPU rather than the Integrated graphics. I had run into a similar black screen when vMix was set to the GeForce but the browser was using the Integrated graphics. In the NVIDIA Control panel, the program you would want to add for the browser input is C:\Program Files (x86)\vMix\browser\cefbrowserinstance.exe.
thanks 2 users thanked DYosua for this useful post.
stigaard on 4/18/2016(UTC), Teye on 4/19/2016(UTC)
GeorgeR  
#27 Posted : Monday, April 18, 2016 5:54:14 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Teye wrote:

Thanks...Tye

Tye,

You might give it a moment. Sometimes it takes several seconds for the web page to appear.

~George
thanks 1 user thanked GeorgeR for this useful post.
Teye on 4/19/2016(UTC)
richardgatarski  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:10:16 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I noticed some bugs/irregularitiers with chroma key on v17.0.0.76.

To begin with I got an error (vMix stopped) when I turned anti aliasing on. With a new/default setup I could not repeat the error. But with the one I got the error, I managed to get some repeats intermettently. See attached error window. I will continue to chase this error, meanwhile consider it just a warning for others that vMix might stop when playing with antialiasing.

The Auto Chroma Key Preset 3 changes the RGB sliders, and the changes remain when Preset 1 and 2 and selected. Logically the RGB sliders shóuld be back to all left for those Presets.
richardgatarski attached the following image(s):
chroma-deinterlace-error.PNG (6kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Teye  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2016 4:50:24 PM(UTC)
Teye

Thank you DYosua and GeorgeR for your suggestions! I will give them both a try...
kgoodyer  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:14:07 AM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
I noticed some bugs/irregularitiers with chroma key on v17.0.0.76.

The Auto Chroma Key Preset 3 changes the RGB sliders, and the changes remain when Preset 1 and 2 and selected. Logically the RGB sliders shóuld be back to all left for those Presets.

I have also noticed this - and can confirm issue with Chroma Key on two 17.0.0.76 systems.

Keith
richardgatarski  
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2016 8:36:57 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Here is an External audio delay issue (and more) related to "Streaming settings and Output Format are now both saved in Presets".

The separation of settings (.config) and presets (.vmix) is still unclear (and in my opinion cause more troubles than eventual gains).

In our case we found that for some mysterious reason what have had in Settings/External Audio delay (eq 40 ms), went back to 0 ms some time in January for many of our old productions. We sort of assumed that this setting was saved in the config file. For all our productions we save both the .config and .vmix, and typically modify them for the next project. Save again, and so forth.

After extensive trial and error we found that creating a New preset (clicking menu item "New") resets the External audio delay to 0 ms (in v16 and v17). This does not seem logical to me. (In January we probably created a New preset without checking the audio delay and the bad setting propagated...)

Furthermore, in v17 it is very unclear what "New" does regarding the Streaming settings. It certainly does not change the Streaming Presets for example.

Please clarify, and perhaps change the behavior of New regarding External audio delay.

(The separation of presets and setting files is a more complicated issue, perhaps better targeted in a feature request).
thanks 1 user thanked richardgatarski for this useful post.
lbgaus on 4/21/2016(UTC)
joaopott  
#32 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 8:15:34 AM(UTC)
joaopott

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
prass wrote:
Hello!
I have capture card Blackmagic Design: Intensity Pro 4K and capture one PC with it on 1920 X 1080 NTSC 60p Video format RGB32 with vMix 16.0.0.111 without problems. Now in vMix 17.0.0.76 vMix tell me ''FrameRate is not supported: 60''
Master Frame Rate: NTSC 60p
Output size:1920 X 1080
PC: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
RAM 4X4 GB
Processor Intel I7 - 4970 3.60 Ghz
Display adapter AMD Radeon R9 380
Motherboard Z97X - Gigabyte Gaming G1
Hard: Samsung SSD 850 pro 250 GB
Decklink Duo
Intensity Pro 4K

Hi,

I am having the SAME issue on W7 and W8.1, I also formated the PC with W81 to have just Blackmagic drivers, Codecs and VMIX 17 to be sure that it was not a driver issue and it didn't help. At the same time, the BlackMagic Media Express App that comes with the card, works at 1080 60P, so I know it is not a card driver issue.
Any tips to solve this problem? I have an event next Mnday and would hate to come backl to Avermedia 1080 30P instead of 60P.

Cheers!
admin  
#33 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 10:12:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

We're aware of the 60P bug and will have this fixed along with couple of other fixes shortly after the NAB show.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
prass on 4/22/2016(UTC)
joaopott  
#34 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 3:36:44 PM(UTC)
joaopott

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
admin wrote:
Hi,

We're aware of the 60P bug and will have this fixed along with couple of other fixes shortly after the NAB show.
Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

Hi Martin,

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to use only Blackmagic devices in my setup because I am not a big fan of mixing several capture cards brands/drivers in the same PC.
By the way, the new Decklink Quad 2 (8 sdi 1080/60P inputs) is working perfectly with Vmix 17, I am using BlackMagic HDMI->SDI 4K mini-converters in 2 inputs (1080/60P) + 2 SDI Cameras (also in 1080/60P).
The ideal for me is not using converters, but having 2 real HDMI, all from the same brand (in my particular case BlackMagic).

Best,
Joao
lbgaus  
#35 Posted : Friday, April 22, 2016 11:05:54 PM(UTC)
lbgaus

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin!

Hope the NAB show went well for you all, I missed it this year but hopefully will get to shake hands next year. Safe travels back to Australia...

I noticed today that it seems like vMix 17.0.0.76 is not letting go of the Haali instances when an input is closed. Memory usage keeps crawling up, and I notice the system tray has a bunch of icons...

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks!

UserPostedImage
richardgatarski  
#36 Posted : Sunday, April 24, 2016 8:28:44 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

admin wrote:
loganwhite wrote:

What sort of capture card is being used? I'm not seeing any issues capturing MultiCorder in 17.76

I got upside down recording (mp4) on one of my PC's (different cameras and video file in Output). Setting to Default (1280x720 50p), and loading the same Preset back fixed. Guess another indication that using Settings/Presets from previous versions might be not such a good idea for v17.
jip  
#37 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 12:42:11 PM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

Today, I encountered a problem with NDI Desktop Capture.

The remote desktop machine was a laptop with Windows 10, connected via 802.11n network connection to the same LAN as the vMix computer (Bootcamp + Win7).

I could start the NDI Desktop Capture, and in the vMix NDI inputs I could see a list of open windows on the Desktop Capture. However, the previews as well as the input were completely black, and I could not get any signal to vMix.

I didn't have much time to resolve the issue in detail, as the production had to be ready in a rush. Previously, I have been using successfully the legacy version of Desktop Capture. Also, NDI version has been working fine with my own computers during tests. The problematic laptop trying to send NDI Desktop Capture is not mine, so it's not possible to troubleshoot with that particular machine.

Any help would be appreciated!
admin  
#38 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2016 1:36:13 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

To diagnose blank inputs from the vMix Desktop Capture please try the following:

1. Try a full install of vMix on the source machine instead of just the desktop capture program.
2. Verify that the desktop capture app is the latest 17.0.0.61
3. After adding the inputs, from the desktop capture app double click the "Ready (x Connections)" text and a error log will appear with more details.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
jip  
#39 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 2:07:59 AM(UTC)
jip

Estonia

admin wrote:
Hi,

To diagnose blank inputs from the vMix Desktop Capture please try the following:

1. Try a full install of vMix on the source machine instead of just the desktop capture program.
2. Verify that the desktop capture app is the latest 17.0.0.61
3. After adding the inputs, from the desktop capture app double click the "Ready (x Connections)" text and a error log will appear with more details.

Thank you for the suggestions. Unfortunately step one was not possible, as the laptop belonged to another organization. However, the NDI Desktop Capture app was the latest version which I downloaded from vMix site just before unzipping the package.
I have to remember to check the error log in case of similar errors.

admin  
#40 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 4:47:38 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Just posted an update with a few bug fixes. Details in the changelog thread:
http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=6142