logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cntenney  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 12:21:44 PM(UTC)
cntenney

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been streaming to Dacast just fine using vmix 16. But when I did the last update, I could no longer stream to Dacast. After spending about 2 hours with a Dacast tech. he said it was most likely a vMix issue. So I read several forum post and it seemed the most likely solution was to reinstall vMix 16. Once I uninstalled it and reinstalled VMix 16 I had the update notice and so I updated it again. Same problem I kept getting errors when trying to stream to Dacast. So once again I reinstalled the vMix 16 and then did not do the update and I was able to stream to Dacast again.

I am using Windows 8.1 OS has any one else encountered this problem when updating the vMix?

Thanks Carl
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 12:32:48 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Hi Carl,

Looking at the error logs, the stream key being used appears to be configured for multi bitrate.
If you plan on streaming multibitrate make sure you have a multibitrate quality setting configured and the 2 and 3 buttons are set to None.

If you only plan on streaming a single bitrate change the stream key so %i is 1

Regards,

Martin
vMix
cntenney  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:16:46 PM(UTC)
cntenney

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Martin for your quick response.

Be patient with me, like so many other preachers streaming is not our expertise.

OK so I got on vMix that is on my laptop which has windows 7 and vMix is updated to 16.0.0.115x64 and the settings allow me to stream to dacast just fine. ( they are the same settings on the church's desktop windows 8.1 os) with the multi bit rate set up on dacast.

The church computer which runs the windows 8.1 system will not with the same settings.

However I did set up the 2nd button for the log in through DaCast and log in name and password - after I could not logg in the usual way with the custom rtmp server. was when I set up the 2nd button for the log in setting.

If I update the vMix on the church computer and set the 2nd button to none, will I be able to then run the multi bit rate with the same settings as I can with my laptop? Which is the settings you see in the error reports!

A bit confused,
Carl
admin  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 3, 2016 1:21:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4162 time(s) in 1495 post(s)
Hi Carl,

Not a problem. If you have it all working another another computer, double check the 1,2 and 3 on that other computer
have identical settings to the computer you know is working and it should be fine.

It sounds like setting the 2nd button to none will be the way to fix it.

Regards,

Martin
vMix