logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Charssay  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 3:41:21 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Dear All

I'm using VMIX in demo verson for some week today and I have very satisfy for it instead other Mixer Software present in the Web. To use it is simple and ... simple

My issue is that I'm looking for affordable Capture card to use, because we have built an Small Studio for our church and we use 4 simple Sony DCR Camera so in SD format. The image is great and reach our need

Actually I'm using two Avermedia Sat card (using the SVIDEO input), Two USB grabber (yes that work. I have also and Hauppauge HVR 1300 but VMIX failed to use it, i don't know why, but this card still a great capture Card for me when I use it with Other Mixer Software. I don't know why VMIX efuse to use this card and give e always ans error message

My question, is, I know that in Supported hardware the capture card write in there is not possible to me to buy it. Too more expansive. Surfing in internet recently, I see these kind of DVR Card with multiple entry. I'm looking info if they can be use in VMIX. Contacting they reseller, some are saying yes, some are saying No. I know surely that no one them are really testing these cards

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/GV-DVR-Card-GV-800-for-cctv-camera/346760956.html

Surfing in the Forum, i see also the recommendation of the http://www.webcam123.com/en/vc440e.html
and if I check the image of this card, is not so different than these DVR Capture card

My question finally is, Can VMIX have the capability to use these multiple channel ? These card are usable ?

Regards

Charssay
cmagnuson  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:03:28 PM(UTC)
cmagnuson

I'm currently using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 in a small studio at a school. Remember to choose the correct input setting when setting up a capture card input this way. When I use the default, it gives me an error. I am using both channels on the card at the same time, though I can't speak for the cards linked.
Steadirob  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:21:24 PM(UTC)
Steadirob

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would be very suspicious about those DVR cards.
They are multiple channel, but not as you normally would think: They use a single frame to write multiple smaller frames of the connected cameras.
The software that comes with it is able to select a part of the frame to see "full screen" but of course at a lower resolution.

So first of all, this system normally records in fields, giving you half resolution to start with. Then depending on the amount of cameras, normally multiples of 4, those fields are divided in blocks and every block holds an image. Only that way they can store a heavily compressed 16 cameras in one field or frame. If they are recording in frames, the resolution might improve, but the update speed (fps) halves.....

Cheap but unusable for vMix, I think.
Besides, vMix needs direct, real time access to the video streams, not via a software that pulls the frames apart from each other.

Rob
Charssay  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:02:53 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Dear Both

I have to contact Geovision and some ODM building these card and they try VMIX for me (They all accepted to do that) and tell me already that these card don't Support VMIX Software only for one channel

Thank's For all your Answer

C.
Charssay  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:08:40 AM(UTC)
Charssay

cmagnuson wrote:
I'm currently using a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 in a small studio at a school. Remember to choose the correct input setting when setting up a capture card input this way. When I use the default, it gives me an error. I am using both channels on the card at the same time, though I can't speak for the cards linked.

Hello cmagnuson,

Could you explain me how you use these both channel with the WinTV-HVR-2250
I see that this model have only RCA and SVIDEo in one Cable
But in the box, I see that an auxiliary connection is ship with it

You are saying that you can use these two Channel (external and auxilliary)

Could you please kindly saw by pictyre how they Appear in the Menu CapureTAB of VMix. I'm quite interesting to see if I can youse these card and by two of it so 4 internal channel for me will be awesome than using USB grabber

Rgds

C.