logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
corporatejames  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 2:07:57 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Groups: Registered
Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hi Guys

Finally put together a quick sample demo of graphics I'm working on for next basketball season here in Australia for our production

SKTV GFX Sample 2016 - Vmix XAML Titles

Graphics created in Microsoft Blend for Visual Studio 2013 and Photoshop (Record on Vmix17 Pro Preview)
Every graphic,text is changeable in Vmix input for the XAML titles including backgrounds on the team lineup list
which I have not replaced the template image of the purple and red yet. I made every part a separate image or text in templates
designed with Photoshop then imported them to Blend. Work in Progress. Still working on ideas to clean up the animation as I learn Blend.
Once done, later in the year I will work on design for graphics but just did some quick ones to see the design working etc.

Let me know what you think and any suggestions.

I will upload updates in a few weeks.

Regards

James
Corporate James

Please check end of topic to see link to update1 (SKTV GFX SAMPLE 2016 - Vmix XAML Titles - Update 1)
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 3:17:43 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
In one word - impressive!
How CPU hungry are those Titles when you kick them in in vMix?
corporatejames  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 3:54:18 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

richardgatarski wrote:
In one word - impressive!
How CPU hungry are those Titles when you kick them in in vMix?

Actually not that much for me, I have i7 4790k @4ghz
and Memory 16gb and not using much at all. Can run Multi cam in at 1080p with Replay, HD Stream and Record at the same time. Last time I checked system only
between 40% - 60% when I was using full on After Effects graphics (over 120 inputs) in my previous show and tests. Playing around with NDI at the moment and working well.

Still working on how to do nice effects like some of animated titles for Soccer that some of the guys have done here in the forums
So any help greatly appreciated.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 2:49:59 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ corporatejames

How do you find the learning process for Blend?
I had only spent minimal time trying to navigate the Microsoft documentation/tutorials, and have to admit, I found it to be no help at all, in fact it was downright confusing just trying to download the program...
Needless to say, I have not had the time nor the patience to proceed any further.
I like most of the concepts you have animated but agree that some of the animations need tweaking, would be nice to throw in some linear flares here and there.
Keep up the good work and keep us all posted.

Ice
stevespaw  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 4:24:09 PM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Nice work!

I don't mean to derail you, but now that we have NDI, have you thought about doing this in Adobe Animate (Flash)?
Then use them with CasparCG.

I only say this because you would have a great animation tool to use and the final product is more multipurpose that just vMix.

I would be starting from scratch a bit for sure, but it looks like you have skills that could go farther with a real animation tool.

Here is an example of a CasparCg soccer client.

This is flash animation with a Client built in very easy to use - LiveCode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQiS995n07s

Steve
Siroki  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 5:27:15 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Nice job!
How do you control scoreboard graphics? Extra man for control on separate laptop via web controller or?
corporatejames  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 5:34:30 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

@IceStream

I don't like blend much at all and very limited in what I can do with it. Main purpose is so I can edit titles quickly in Vmix
Was doing them all in AfterEffects before (learning them them both as use do Flash) But time consuming to edit them for each game.
Documentation was pretty poor and not much good tutorials around especially with animation.
If I could work how to do flares etc. The timeline is a bit annoying on the storyboard to get animation clean. I think the more I do it probably
get better. Know anyone who has more info on Animation like the Soccer ones I have seen here?

@stevespaw

I have been looking at CasperCG at the moment. trying everything to see what works well and I basically run the whole thing by myself
with 3 commentators so hoping for extra hand this year. I did see that Draco Football Client the other day and has basketball one as well, wonder how much it cost?

If you check out the playlist SKTV Archive and another post in this forum for Sydney Kings TV you will see my ones done in AfterEffects
but learning it as I go. Used to do Flash/Web programming quite a lot 10 years ago trying to remember it all, Been doing IT Server Infrastructure since then
and started SKTV as I hobby 5 years ago with my role at Sydney Kings as IT manager and Team Technical Assistant but unfortunately not paid much and came across Vmix last year after using Wirecast and its changed my production so much #LoveIT.
Started to get interest from Volleyball and other sports. So hopefully get some funding and get better cameras etc. Slowing building a kit. One step at time.
Lost my job for IT a year ago so past 12 months as been all Basketball and helped me get my hands really dirty with Vmix and SKTV. Hopefully find full time job again soon.

@Siroki
I use APC mini and Numark Orbit as main controllers. I have Basketball CMS that I built a few years go for NBL that I'm bringing back to life to manage all the data for players, teams, stats etc.
Siroki  
#8 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 5:44:32 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Check this out for soccer and basketball, casparcg also:
http://navismedia.com/

Costs about 270€, complete solution, looks nice

Best regards
corporatejames  
#9 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2016 6:57:39 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Siroki wrote:
Check this out for soccer and basketball, casparcg also:
http://navismedia.com/

Costs about 270€, complete solution, looks nice

Best regards

Cool will check it out. Thanks. May be able to build my own but good to see a working one to get ideas for.
Shame not many screen shots or a demo video?
Downloading now to try.

---update---
Tested works ok but how to edit the FT casper files - Flash templates or do have to make your own and save them as templates? Not much info their site.
Software bit expensive and has some errors. eg shotclock 15secs should be 14 and have 4 qtrs for the lowerthirds otherwise have to
go to settings to rename them.
Not too bad. Can get ideas for designing something.
corporatejames  
#10 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2016 3:03:42 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Have a few updates upload next week or two. Created a couple more XAML titles and will start more on the graphics to add to the templates.
corporatejames  
#11 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 4:16:27 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Updated Vmix sample of SKTV titles using XAML. In this update I have new animated intro with scrolling background and updated Scorebug with scrolling backgrounds on the home and away boxes. Graphic images have been improved as I work on the XAML titles.

SKTV GFX SAMPLE 2016 - Vmix XAML Titles - Update 1
sinc747  
#12 Posted : Saturday, April 16, 2016 12:48:24 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Very cool!