logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
watchfulone  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 9:50:53 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Hi Martin, as usual excellent job you and the vMix team, and of course all members in the forum for the testing and additional support.

vMix with NDI, all i can say it wow. In my country we have a slang that we use when something is very very good, we say "It Sell Off"
Yes vMix "Sell Off"

I notice though that with each release of vMix there is no upgrade to the photo function that we use to take those snaps of the program out screen.
This is a very handy function especially when capturing in full HD.
I also notice that whenever i take a photo it automatically opens the folder location window where it stores the png file.
Can you change that in the new release of vMix so that after we pre-select the folder it doesn't keep opening each time we take a photo?
And secondly can you include HDR function into the photo section as well? and option to choose between JPG, PNG, TIFF, etc.

UserPostedImage

Thanks Martin
watchfulone attached the following image(s):
Snapshot.jpg (5kb) downloaded 9 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:00:35 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
watchfulone,
It's always a good idea to search for similar requests, before asking. I think you will find some relevant answers/discussion on "Still Camera" (in vMix called "Snapshot", in other systems "Still store") functionality in vMix's Help and at least the topics:
Snapshot feature for individual Inputs
Freeze input option
watchfulone  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 1:34:55 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
richardgatarski wrote:
watchfulone,
It's always a good idea to search for similar requests, before asking. I think you will find some relevant answers/discussion on "Still Camera" (in vMix called "Snapshot", in other systems "Still store") functionality in vMix's Help and at least the topics:
Snapshot feature for individual Inputs
Freeze input option

I did just that before posting, none of the links you suggest is speaking to my request.
I am requesting additional function for the snap button in vMix, not much changes, if any has been made to it.
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 5:25:43 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I am really sorry if I misunderstood you, and perhaps you misunderstood me. Please accept my apologies.

Save modifier for Snapshot shortcut was one of the first topics where I pointed at what I believe is one of the things you asked for. And, I agree - it has not beem addressed.
Edit: in my last post there I meant the "Camera button" for snapshots, not the Shortcut for snapshots.

The other things you asked for I chose not to comment (sorry I don't need HDR or image other formats, or rather - feel other stuff is more important to develop first).
DYosua  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:18:23 PM(UTC)
DYosua

Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
You can bypass the folder location popup window if you create a shortcut for creating your snapshot and specify a folder/filename as the "Value." For instance, a value of "C:\Users\YourUsername\Pictures\Snapshot {0:yyyy_MM_dd HH-mm-ss}.jpg" would create an example filename of "Snapshot 2016_03_27 18-15-00.jpg" in your default Pictures directory when the shortcut is used. The filename is generated based on the time the screenshot is created so it doesn't overwrite previously created screenshots.
RichShumaker  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, April 5, 2016 1:15:16 PM(UTC)
RichShumaker

United States

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 23 post(s)
DYosua wrote:
You can bypass the folder location popup window if you create a shortcut for creating your snapshot and specify a folder/filename as the "Value." For instance, a value of "C:\Users\YourUsername\Pictures\Snapshot {0:yyyy_MM_dd HH-mm-ss}.jpg" would create an example filename of "Snapshot 2016_03_27 18-15-00.jpg" in your default Pictures directory when the shortcut is used. The filename is generated based on the time the screenshot is created so it doesn't overwrite previously created screenshots.

I got an error when I did this so I am sure me being a NOOB was the issue.
I sent an error report.

My question / comment / feature request goes like this
I would like to be able to hit the button(Snaphot)
It takes an image and stores it where I specify
Then it brings it into vMix as a usable asset(need to start using the proper terms for this stuff).