logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
richardgatarski  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2016 11:08:24 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I'm in love with the Web browser input introduced in v17! Playing around with it in beta I noticed some things that I think should be discussed. Other users might have other thougths/ideas/concerns. Mines are just a starter...
...but, we should probably not go too far in our whishes. Remember, it's pretty easy to browse on a second PC and have it screen grabbed via NDI for more advanced uses.

It is not possible to enter text in the web browser, for example a search at Google.com. Useful/possible to implement?

Right-clicking offers Go Back/Forward/Reload/Properties. Why not have them in a controller below, like for videos?

It is possible to navigate in the Web Browser when it is in Preview and Output. Basically by left-clicking in the web page, with an invisible mouse in the Output/Recording/External. But I think having the mouse visible is sometimes very useful.

If a Web Browser is in Output it is affected by mouse over. In theory this does not matter since the mouse pointer is invisible in the Recording/Output. Unfortunately some web apps (eg YouTube's player) changes what it displays depending on the mouse position. Which is bad if the mouse passes over, for example on its way to vMix's settings cog wheel.

How about two Settings options for the Web browser?
- Disable mouse over recognition for Output
- Show mouse in Output/Recording/External
richardgatarski  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2016 5:41:27 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Regarding entering text, Martin wrote in another post:
Quote:
the web browser input is not a real "window" in Windows and therefore does not have a cursor
attached to it. It is primarily designed for static content, not for web site demos
richardgatarski  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 1:31:54 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

In the release version of v17 there is a "Mouse Enabled" checkbox to the web browser right click menu to enable/disable using the mouse on screen.

This means that accidential mouse over effects may be inhibited by unchecking Mouse Enabled.