logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ccolewilliam  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 3:13:54 AM(UTC)
ccolewilliam

Groups: Registered
Man

Hi,

I have a general question. What type of camera are most of you using?

I have been using a 1080p webcam I pull in via USB. I mainly do chromakey work. However, my channel is now on Roku and Apple TV. And in 720p and a big screen that webcam is not doing it. So I need to get something more broadcast quality. I see most things are hdmi. How is everyone one bringing in an HDMI source to vMix. Thanks again for anyone suggestions or help.

William
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 12:18:50 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ ccolewilliam

I think you'll find that the cameras being used with vMix are all over the map from simple Webcams to hi-end 4K broadcast cameras, a lot depends on what kind of budget you are looking at. Certainly, many mid-range and consumer cameras offer HDMI output while most of your higher end cameras will have SDI output. Since most of your work is greenscreen chromakey, I would explore and research cameras in your price range that have exhibited good results with such and go from there (I would recommend larger sensor cameras and/or 3 chip cameras, but here again is where budget comes into play, a decent DSLR or Blackmagic Pocket Cam might be the right fit over a consumer handicam).
In terms of video capture hardware, once again, you have many options which to a large degree depend on your camera output so I would spend time here: http://www.vmix.com/soft.../supported-hardware.aspx once you narrow down your camera choices.
On a side note, I am very impressed by the work you are doing (somewhat amazing with just vMix and a webcam) but as I'm sure you've come to realize, broadcast quality comes at a substantially higher price for what is often only 'marginally' perceptible by most people.
Keep us all posted as to how you make out.

Ice
tnorrell  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2016 2:09:00 PM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
what channel?