logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
doggy  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 5:29:33 AM(UTC)
doggy

Groups: Registered
Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
Quote:
On last stream I was out my beam for 20-30 kilometers, I had only 8,5-9db signal

have been further away than and can get dodgy @ around 7,5db ( off-beam is not really exact to measure) .
Better to relocate off course if there is a beam , or activate within the nearest beam by going into that one first if not.
yeah am in a zone with "choises" and need to prep if i go on location.
80€ per 20GB booster

haven't heard of any of the venues (or me) that was using it of really having issues where local internet was basically null or impractical
Siroki  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:23:01 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
doggy wrote:
Quote:
On last stream I was out my beam for 20-30 kilometers, I had only 8,5-9db signal

have been further away than and can get dodgy @ around 7,5db ( off-beam is not really exact to measure) .
Better to relocate off course if there is a beam , or activate within the nearest beam by going into that one first if not.
yeah am in a zone with "choises" and need to prep if i go on location.
80€ per 20GB booster

haven't heard of any of the venues (or me) that was using it of really having issues where local internet was basically null or impractical

really?
My friend told me he was out for about 50-60 kilometers and it worked. Thats great. I agree its better to relocate to be sure. It costs 40€ here.

Doggy you use newspotter? Or like me tooway business package
doggy  
#23 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 2:51:18 PM(UTC)
doggy

Belgium

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 755 post(s)
tooway business

the zone boundaries are pretty relative ;-)
Siroki  
#24 Posted : Wednesday, March 1, 2017 6:47:55 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

doggy wrote:
tooway business

the zone boundaries are pretty relative ;-)

I agree on that
Siroki  
#25 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 6:29:27 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Hello guys,
yesterday we did a quite nice live production of Cup match of big rival teams, teams from top level soccer league in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

The production was made for regional TV station. The station rent equipment and only had cameras.

This was used:
- ATEM 2 ME switcher,
- big screen with multiview (can see on picture below),
- hd SDI cable to 4 cameras,
- communication with cameras,
- some audio mixer that was for audio from soccer field and commentary
- my PC i5 4440, BMD Intensity PRO, SSD, 12 GB RAM, vMix software for graphics and commercials + UTC Controler. I made green screen in vMix in background and overlay 1 2 3 4 the graphics for score, commercials and output it with ext output over Intensity Pro in ATEM switcher and just chroma keyed it in ATEM.
- cameras were JVC and one Sony
- graphics were my own

I think here is recorded match but I don't know who will be able to watch it and who will not because of audio in commercials:

UserPostedImage

Best regards
DWAM  
#26 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 7:18:43 AM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
Hi Siroki

The video works in France.

Surprised image quality is not so good, a little blurry. Did you see you also had an interlacing or framerate problem? When playing in 1080p the image is really distorted each time the cameras move.

Apart from that, the graphics are really nice. Congrats!
Guillaume
Siroki  
#27 Posted : Friday, March 10, 2017 8:02:41 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DWAM wrote:
Hi Siroki

The video works in France.

Surprised image quality is not so good, a little blurry. Did you see you also had an interlacing or framerate problem? When playing in 1080p the image is really distorted each time the cameras move.

Apart from that, the graphics are really nice. Congrats!
Guillaume

Video quality was ok in my place, on multiview etc. This video on yt was recorded by third party who streamed or recorded match from TV reciever so who knows how and what did he do. I watched the game on TV channel later, it was OK i did not notice the problems you say. TV goes on 1080i50.

Second bad thing, that I don't have with it anything, was with LiveU. The TV station who we worked for take final from ATEM and goes with LiveU which sends signal to TV base where they put it live. The blurry parts I noticed also later when watching on TV channel. Its a problem with LiveU and internet connection. In some parts we think internet drops down and LiveU cannot process image and the video quality goes down and blurry. I don't know why is it happening and is it a LiveU bug or something like that. It's funny why does it blur video, if a big part of streaming videos goes on 1.5-2 mbit upload and goes fine on Youtube in HD whitout problem like how I do when stream on my youtube channel. Must be some bug.

Upload speed on stadium was about 9 mbit. And sometimes varies between 5 and 9 but that is enough to go smooth.

thx for reply
Siroki  
#28 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 7:29:00 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

We worked soccer match again live, the same project as the last one. It was the second game between same teams. Setup was the same, 4 cameras, commentary, vMix and custom graphics over Intensity Pro, ATEM etc

Internet connection dropped few times so live wasn't going on TV channel few minutes, that was on start of the match but later everything was ok. Just few times the blurry parts but much less than first time. Again it was LiveU problem :(

Hope to find some other solution for sending signal to TV base station.

Next stop is to buy some replay system or go with vMix PC config for replays and than we will have full production.

UserPostedImage
DWAM  
#29 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:04:45 PM(UTC)
DWAM

Man
France

Was thanked: 794 time(s) in 589 post(s)
LiveU with 4G? LU500? How many SIM cards/modems do you use?

The problem with cellular in stadiums is the number of people also using/playing with their phones at the same time. So bandwidth is very low in general. Why don't you use your satellite for this? The TV channel wants LiveU because they have the receiver?

I didn't work with LiveU units for a long time, I use Aviwest now, but on some Aviwest models it's possible to bond over cellular and satellite at the same time. Check if this LiveU unit can do this too. LU500 can I know.

Other option is to install your own streaming server/decoder at the TV channel provided you can output an interlaced signal for them on SDI I guess. This way you stream directly to this device if they have the required throughput on their internet connection.
Siroki  
#30 Posted : Friday, March 17, 2017 5:59:24 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

DWAM wrote:
LiveU with 4G? LU500? How many SIM cards/modems do you use?

The problem with cellular in stadiums is the number of people also using/playing with their phones at the same time. So bandwidth is very low in general. Why don't you use your satellite for this? The TV channel wants LiveU because they have the receiver?

I didn't work with LiveU units for a long time, I use Aviwest now, but on some Aviwest models it's possible to bond over cellular and satellite at the same time. Check if this LiveU unit can do this too. LU500 can I know.

Other option is to install your own streaming server/decoder at the TV channel provided you can output an interlaced signal for them on SDI I guess. This way you stream directly to this device if they have the required throughput on their internet connection.

No, here in our country we don't have 4G :)))
Yes LU500, there are 8 sim cards, two of each provider. But like you said, on stadium was around 3 000 people and phones didn't work but that was not a problem. We turn on sim cards but also LAN connection and there was around 8 mbits upload. Problem is that our companies that provide internet, sim cards etc use shit equipment and the modems (ZYXEL) drops if its used too much, overloads too many times. On second half we turned off sim cards and internet was stable so the game run nice without problems.

I know Aviwest, another tv station from same city that I work with use it for live coverage. For me Aviwest is better than LiveU.

I dont use my satellite because match sponsor was the internet provider company and that was their problem/job to secure stable internet.

My idea and suggestion for them was to use some server like you said and we can send stream so they can take it and put it live, with wowza or something like that, but they have crap of softwer for live program that crashes if they put some sources or whatever I don't bother about that..We are just production support from outside. We don't work on this TV so I don't wanna bother too much with this stuff, thats on them to solve :))

btw ATEM feat vMix is great option
Digitalson  
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 1:41:26 AM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
How did u get the clock?
Siroki  
#32 Posted : Saturday, March 18, 2017 4:42:18 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Digitalson wrote:
How did u get the clock?

vmix stopwatch
Siroki  
#33 Posted : Sunday, March 19, 2017 5:32:17 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

I found recorded match from third party if someone wanna see:

best regards
Siroki  
#34 Posted : Friday, April 14, 2017 11:21:27 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Cup semi-final match, almost full stadium, around 4000 people.
We worked again for regional TV station:

UserPostedImage

The station rent equipment and only had cameras.

This was used:
- ATEM 2 ME switcher,
- big screen with multiview (can see on picture below),
- hd SDI cable to 3 cameras,
- communication with cameras,
- some audio mixer that was for audio from soccer field and commentary
- my PC i5 4440, BMD Intensity PRO, SSD, 12 GB RAM, vMix software for graphics and commercials + UTC Controler. I made green screen in vMix in background and overlay 1 2 3 4 the graphics for score, commercials and output it with ext output over Intensity Pro in ATEM switcher and just chroma keyed it in ATEM.
- cameras were JVC (3 used)
- graphics were my own

Recorded match if someone is interested:

p.s. recorded match was made by another person. You will see that there is no audio first 15minutes of second half :))
thanks 1 user thanked Siroki for this useful post.
guztavo on 4/14/2017(UTC)