logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Arek  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2016 6:54:52 AM(UTC)
Arek

Groups: Registered

Hi,

In my setup I run both live streaming and video recording for offline editing.
The audio signal from the source is generally pretty quiet, but that's fine; I boost this later in Adobe Premiere via Audition to get it perfect for the final edit.
For live streaming, the audio needs to be louder. I boost this via a small dedicated behringer mixer with a built in compressor, and feed the audio signal directly into Flash media live encoder, bypassing vMix audio alltogether:

UserPostedImage

This works great, however I often deal with many different operators and running both vMix & FMLE can be complicated & confusing.
I could feed the boosted audio signal directly into vMix however I fear that the operator may push the audio too high and cause clipping or the audio will be over-compressed and sound bad due to lack of dynamic range. For the small live audience this is acceptable, but the final edit has a much larger audience and I'd rather boost the audio more precisely in Audition.

I would like to be able to do something like this:

UserPostedImage

be it via a dedicated live-streaming audio input or some finer grained streaming audio-level controls in vMix.

I have tried recording audio separately on the same PC which runs vMix, however I hit some problems:
1. I have to manually sync the audio & video in Premiere
2. After about 30 minutes the audio loses sync. It seems the clock generators used by vMix and the sound card slowly drift apart. For an hour long video I have to 'stretch' the audio to fit by around 1% to keep it in sync. The amount of stretching required varies depending on the temperature on the day :|

Thanks,

Arek