logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GeorgeR  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:41:23 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Q: Each vMix license allows for 2 copies of vMix. I have one copy of vMix in my desktop for studio use. The 2nd is in my laptop for shows away from the studio.
To use NDI I will need to buy a 2nd license which will probably be a vMix downgrade of the vMix license I have now.
Question is, when I get ready to use my laptop away from the studio, can I reinstall the 2nd copy of my original vMix license back into my laptop?

~George
Lennart  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:18:33 AM(UTC)
Lennart

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Why not use the standalone software for NDI when it comes out? If it's a capture card from one system you're looking to use on another.
Siroki  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 8:32:01 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
License question is very good. I have also some things that are not clear. I have license for HD vMix, one licence is on one PC and another on second. I red that it can't be in use in sam time. Why is that? If I have 2 different events in a similar start time I can't use vMix on both events because of this rule. That's not ok if you are asking me because I don't wanna buy 3-4 licences for 3-4 PC's. I can understand for 4 PC's that I need to buy 2 licenses, but this rule about using the PC's in a same time I can't understand.

best regards
marko
r@wisla  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 11:19:51 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
I have license for HD vMix, one licence is on one PC and another on second. I red that it can't be in use in sam time.

Not true. If you have two licenses (keys) you can use both at the same time. But if you have one licence installed on two computers - you can't use them at the same time. It is quite simple.

Is there anything else you can't understand?
GeorgeR  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 3:03:07 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Lennart wrote:
Why not use the standalone software for NDI when it comes out? If it's a capture card from one system you're looking to use on another.

Lennart,

I've heard rumblings about this. It may be similar to vMix NDI desktop capture maybe?

~George
Siroki  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 5:17:28 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
r@wisla wrote:
Siroki wrote:
I have license for HD vMix, one licence is on one PC and another on second. I red that it can't be in use in sam time.

Not true. If you have two licenses (keys) you can use both at the same time. But if you have one licence installed on two computers - you can't use them at the same time. It is quite simple.

Is there anything else you can't understand?

I mean that but didn't write in a right way
Lennart  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, February 17, 2016 6:07:29 PM(UTC)
Lennart

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
License question is very good. I have also some things that are not clear. I have license for HD vMix, one licence is on one PC and another on second. I red that it can't be in use in sam time. Why is that? If I have 2 different events in a similar start time I can't use vMix on both events because of this rule. That's not ok if you are asking me because I don't wanna buy 3-4 licences for 3-4 PC's. I can understand for 4 PC's that I need to buy 2 licenses, but this rule about using the PC's in a same time I can't understand.

best regards
marko

The reason why you can use the same license on two PC's is purely for backup. So if you do an event and PC #1 crashes and dies you can change over to PC #2.

GeorgeR wrote:

Lennart,

I've heard rumblings about this. It may be similar to vMix NDI desktop capture maybe?

~George

Yeah, I read about a NewTek app than can convert almost any capture card into a NDI source for free.
b00ster23  
#8 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 4:49:16 PM(UTC)
b00ster23

Hey Guys...quick question. Should you be able to switch between the HD Basic version and the SD version, seamlessly? I'm having some problems "downgrading" my laptop to the Basic HD Basic version, as I have a need for single camera use at HD. We don't have the funds for the full HD upgrade at this time, but did want to ensure that what I'm asking is even capable, prior to escalating too much. Thoughts anyone?

FYI...I get an "invalid key" error... and I have both emails from the purchases too...
Ed Tech  
#9 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 6:06:53 PM(UTC)
Ed Tech

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
My experience has been that one version must be off of the computer, before vMix can allow the other edition to be used.

I know that's not what you wanted to here, but that was my experience.
b00ster23  
#10 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:47:22 PM(UTC)
b00ster23

Thanks Ed Tech...was sorta afraid that might be the case. Will try to reach out to support as well. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know.