logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Matty D  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 9:48:48 AM(UTC)
Matty D

Groups: Registered

What I'd really like to see is the ability to apply cue points onto videos like other digital video systems. I swear by VMIX. I own a few licenses and it has been one of the most stable and solid software driven video mixing systems out there especially if you build you system on Your spec's. Rock Solid!!
What I'd like to see is the ability to add maybe up to 5 different cue points on a video. Almost like a DJ Digital Video System. More and more our clients are lacking in editing there video presentations and are expecting us to be able to jump around on there video playback during there presentations. If we had cue points, I'd be able to jump around there presentations quickly with no down time on there presentations. Let me know your thoughts if this is something you think can be implemented. As of now the way I have been doing it is adding another computer as an input running a "DJ Video Software" that allows me to put cue points on the video. I really would like to eliminate the extra computer.

Thank you,

Matthew Dolan
Ambassador Event Production
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 12:20:36 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Matty D

Not sure if this would be a good workaround for you or not, but have you tried adding multiple inputs of the same video and using the 'Mark IN' and 'Mark OUT' points for each segment you want to show?
You could then 're-name' each video input appropriately for easy visual reference to the section of video you want to present.

Ice