logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sinc747  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 3:31:02 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 198 time(s) in 164 post(s)
In the last three weeks I have noticed that my CPU usage on my Windows 10 broadcast PC during a live show is spiking at 70-100% where previously it had cruised along on the 50's. Checking for active apps/programs, I see that "system and compressed memory" is the culprit stealing 15-25% of my precious CPU cycles. Seems to have started sometime between 1/12/16 and 1/28/16.

A Google search says I am not alone, but no one seems to know how to fix this or kill off "system and compressed memory."

Any ideas? Has this happened to you?

- Tom
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 9:49:50 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4179 time(s) in 1499 post(s)
System and compressed memory represents the CPU usage of all drivers in the system among other things.

So the first thing to check would be if any new devices have been installed in the system lately and if so, remove those devices and drivers
as a test to see if it resolves the problem.
madness  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 12:26:54 PM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
With Windows 10, I found the NVidia drivers that windows pushed to me would not work once they implemented DX12. It would cause windows to crash with a BSOD. The last 2 windows updates have appeared to resolve the crashing issue, but I STILL have to revert to a windows 8 driver because the working windows 10 drivers are not efficient. My processor is not really overworked, but my frames are running 17-20ms, and are very erratic compared to running with the older(april 18 2015) windows 8 driver. I am actually considering dropping 10 on this system, and reverting to 7, or possibly finding a copy of 8.1 to replace it with.