logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
brunolekid  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 2:53:21 PM(UTC)
brunolekid

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,
Will it be possible to apply a set of triggered actions to a particular color of input in the future?
it will reduce the amout of work when we have many input with the same triggered actions

Thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2016 5:48:38 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ brunolekid

Not sure I understand the request...
Triggers are applied to individual Inputs not Categories of Inputs.
Can you explain what it is you want to accomplish or provide the scenario where this would be helpful to you?

Ice
brunolekid  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 6:08:57 AM(UTC)
brunolekid

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Ice,

here is my needs.
For example, I want to set triggered actions for input with the red category (OnTransitionIn, overlayInput1Off,inputA,500ms,0), also for input with the green category (OnTransitionIn, StartPlaylist,inputB,500ms,0) so that every time an input is marked as red or green category it will Inherit automatically the trigerred actions.

I think this feature, added with VmixScheduler (Vmixmanager with the possibility to assign a color category to an input) it will result to an automated add/remove overlays

Regards
stevespaw  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:43:10 AM(UTC)
stevespaw

Man

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 57 post(s)
This goes to the larger issue that I have brought up before.
The triggers are very powerful, but there is no way to copy and paste a set, or save a preset, for triggers. HUGE pain with many transitional elements.

I would even like the ability to "copy" or "duplicate" an input, that alone would be a time saver if that input has a bunch of triggers.

I really want the ability to apply triggers to a transition and be able to have "Transition Presets". Most of the the triggers we use are related to Transitions in and out, not necessarily connected to a particular "input". Those same triggers would happen on many possible inputs.

I know that this would be a huge structural addition, but show prep and consistency would dramatically improve. We could do more complicated shows.

Steve
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 10:48:36 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ brunolekid

Ah, I understand now, however, AFAIK, the vMix Scheduler does not have the capacity to choose 'Categories' for 'Inputs' and is currently in "stasis" as the original developer is too busy to work on the project further (but has been gracious enough to donate the code for anyone willing develop it further). In essence, your request is more along the lines of automated "Play-out" options and if memory serves me correct, Martin has already indicated that there are plenty of existing software options out there for this and that it is beyond the core development of vMix as a "Live Production Switcher" and so he is leaving it to third party interests for now.
I think your request is very interesting and might allow for some very creative uses of vMix but your specific example as described is currently not possible.

Ice