logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vedcom  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 12:17:27 PM(UTC)
vedcom

Groups: Registered

Dear all,

I've been busy working on my "concert broadcasting project", testing VMIX, equipment etc. After having problem with my GoPro Hero2 previously (problem solved by Martin), my photo store called me and offered me the Hero3 (since it has been less than 10 days since I bought the H2). Since there is less distortion with the H3 I decided to go their offer.

Anyway, I have a problem, probably related to the H3, but just in case I'm asking here in case it is related to BM Intensity and/or Vmix.

After 5 minutes exactly the live video feed stops; I need to turn the camera off then on again to regain video. Is there any settings in Vmix or Black Magic Intensity control panel that could cause this behaviour.

Best regards
François
vedcom  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 4:05:04 PM(UTC)
vedcom

Groups: Registered

OK, I'm auto-replying to myself...

A faulty powerbar was the source of the problem. Since the charger wasn't working, the Hero3 was on its battery power and interestingly enough, no matter the auto shutdown setting, the Hero3 stop sending a live feed after exactly 5 minutes.

Once I connected the charger to a good powerbar, the Hero3 was able to send a live feed thru HDMI for hours.

I just wanted to report that so other Hero3 (and probably 2) knows this "feature".

Regards
François