logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Innomedia  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2015 7:22:33 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
On Wednesday night we will broadcast the game of the Augsburg Panthers facing Düsseldorfer EG in the professional German Hockey League (DEL). Show will start at 7:25 pm (german time=CET). You can watch the game worldwide following this link

Augsburger Panther - Düsseldorfer EG

This is a production for "LaOla1 Fan-TV" and it is only available via live-stream. There will be no re-live later on for legal reasons.

For this production we will pimp our regular Inhouse-TV a little bit with some extra cams and services. Enjoy the game.

Regards
Karsten
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 2, 2016 11:11:02 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

First of all a happy new year to everybody here in vMix forum.

There is some good news from our wednesday night production of DEL hockey game between Augsburg Panthers and Düsseldorfer EG. We uploaded complete game to our dropbox and if you are interested you can download the file following this link:

Augsburger Panther - Düsseldorfer EG (30.12.2015 - Dropbox 3.4GB)

File size is 3.4 GB and has mp4 format. Comments are in German (of course). Whole production with 4-channel instant-replay was made in vMix16 Pro assisted by BM ATEM 1 M/E 4K for camera switching and notebook with Excel for filling the vMix titles with live data from official game sheet. We were running a 9-camera production (1080i50) for this game - 3 manned cams, 4 static cams and 2 PTZ cams. Operating in control room was made by 3 people (1 instant-replay operator, 1 PTZ operator, 1 directing/graphics operator).

We have "live access" to scoreboard system of our arena via desktop capture in vMix. Scoreboard system has graphic output for our center-hung video cube and we are connected to scoreboard PC via network.

This file is for private use only, please respect this (legal) limitation.

Next Tuesday we will broadcast our next game live for "Laola Fan-TV". We will keep you updated.

Regards
Karsten

pampurio97  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 1:20:14 PM(UTC)
pampurio97

Man

Hi,
how did you integrate the ATEM with vMix? You mean just using the ATEM output as a vMix input, and vMix was used just for overlays and streaming?

And... how did you achieve the vMix-Excel sheet integration for live scores? Was it just a custom XAML title or something like a WPF user control?

And happy new year to you too
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 3, 2016 7:35:20 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Innomedia

Awesome job Karsten!
I too am curious about your workflow with the ATEM. Did you split the signals or pass through for "InstantReplay" camera inputs?
I have not watched the entire game yet but there were some minor irritations from my perspective, namely out-of-focus BG for info graphics is a good concept, but sometimes the transition to the Overlay was too long making it appear like a bad out-of-focus shot, I would not hold that shot for more than a 1/4 of a second before fading in the info graphic. Secondly, although the temptation is great to want to use as many camera angles as possible, during the live action, it's best to stick to the main camera as much as possible, the other cameras come into play best during stoppages and replays. Thirdly, I would look into altering your stinger, it's best to have the transition hidden behind the graphic. Just my thoughts...

All-in-all, I was very impressed with what I saw, job well done and keep up the good work.

Ice
Innomedia  
#5 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 8:21:42 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Regarding the workflow: all 9 HD-Cams (HD-SDI) and the Notebook (HDMI) are connected to ATEM 1 M/E. PGM-Out of ATEM 1 M/E is one channel of instant-replay in vMix. We also have a 20x20 matrix where we split the cameras for different purposes. 3 Cams are sent to instant-replay, we change some cams every period because we focus on the action of our home team. We do some more parallel things in our stadium e.g. seperate feed for center-hung video cube, seperate feed for internal IP-TV (48 LCDs in private and business lounges), recording of different cams for our coaches. Streaming and recording of program output was made with a separate vMix-Notebook to take some load from our production machine.

@Ice
Thank you for your reply. We also noticed afterwards that there were a few "bugs" in our production but I really appreciate constructive hints from professionals like you. Makes it easier for me to improve performance of our team.

1. Out-of-focus BG is a good proof for that. We have a newbie in our team and obviously there were some communication problems with the commands. Not a big thing but you can see the result in live output.
2. It was the first time we were using 9 cams and you are right, angles changed too often during the game. Our director should read that carefully. On the other hand we try to follow the production method of our main broadcaster for hockey productions here in Germany. Following the puck from "coast-to-coast" using 3 different cams is an accepted standard. But you are right in other cases.
3. The stinger behaviour is a problem we can not solve. It was already discussed in the forums a while ago (you gave a comment there, too) - see here http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=5285

@pampurio97
We are using Excel to get access to the live game-sheet (league server) and to some other information sources in the internet. When our Excel sheet is loaded with data we have two options:
1. we can send data via API to vMix titles on other machines
2. we can send data to Powerpoint graphics on same notebook and load it as an upstream key to ATEM 1 M/E

Thanks a lot to everybody who downloaded our production and giving comments. We always try to improve our output. Hopefully our next game on Tuesday will show that.

Regards
Karsten

SportsNetUSA.net  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 4, 2016 8:08:30 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@Innomedia

Excellent production! You have an outstanding crew.
Innomedia  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 5, 2016 6:30:24 PM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Hi everybody

On Tuesday night (7:30 pm - German Time) we will broadcast our next game for LAOLA1-FANTV from professional German Hockey League (DEL). Our home team Augsburger Panther will face Schwenninger Wild Wings for a regular season match. You can watch our 9-camera HD production by following this link:

Augsburger Panther - Schwenninger Wild Wings

We will try to make a recording again and load it to our dropbox for private use of interested people. Because of legal restrictions there is no re-live on any streaming channels. Enjoy the game.

Regards
Karsten