logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ittaidv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2015 12:24:01 AM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Recently we started using the A7s from sony in our productions. Since we're still in full HD, and convert the camera's to sdi before reaching our vmix rig, i was wondering what would be the best:

A7s can output 4k hdmi, or 1080p/i. Right now we use the 1080i signal, but i'm curious if the results would be better with hardware downscaled 4k video to 1080.

When we do normal videoshoots in 4k and convert afterwards, the footage looks a lot sharper. If there is video noise it's finer and overall the image looks better.

Off course this is a situation where the downscaling happens in premiere, and in ideal situations on the computer. I have no idea about realtime hardware downscaling though.

Would downscaled 4k video also look better then 1080 straight out of the cam? Or would it make no difference?

I found this box, which is reasonably priced, but before buying would like to know your experience.

Thanks!
serikz  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 4, 2023 7:03:54 AM(UTC)
serikz

Groups: Registered

Have the same question.
But! Due to my experiments, there is almost no differents betwen 1080, and 4k to 1080.

I tryed on my mobile SONY XPERIA 1V stream 4k to vmix 1080... my test was on text.
And result is very upsad :(... vmix did not give such effect as video editing.