logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeeJay  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 9:08:52 PM(UTC)
DeeJay

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
In our productions (>100 inputs) we lately ran into the problem that you only can connect shortcuts and functions with the inputs 1-100. There is no way to create a shortcut for input 101 in our preset,

It would help me a lot if all existing inputs would be available for shortcuts.
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 2:04:44 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Unfortunately this is true. Some of our customers also complained about that. They are all in professional sports and you have easily more than 100 inputs in this kind of productions. If you want to assign a shortcut the list of available inputs ends at input 100. All other inputs greater 100 do not appear.

The workaround at the moment is to move the appropriate input to a position lower 100, assign the shortcut to this input number and then move the input to the original position (greater 100). The shortcut "follows" the input and everything works fine but it is a bit bothering.

I suppose it is not a big thing to change this to a user-friendly behaviour. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Karsten
Bardos59  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 22, 2015 3:50:50 PM(UTC)

Groups:

If any of these inputs are videos, e.g. commercials, fillers, etc., can you put them in a List, and select the video you want at that time.....
I remember doing a shoot with a friend who had 6 camera inputs, over 50 video clips, and he was so concern about having to run through the inputs to find clips...all I told him to do is to open a List, and add all the video clips, well labeled, and create a toggle shortcut, which I did, by going to shortcuts, and making the right arrow to select next item, and left to select previous item, and use that in the preview window, so we could toggle back and forth between clips in preview before out putting, and all went great....
Maybe, if you have videos, you can do similar, so as to free up some keys for your important inputs