logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:51:10 PM(UTC)
darp

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi, checked around before asking this, have not found yet. I have an associate that wants to do interviews, already turned him on to vMix. I suggested a 2 cam interview (guest and him), he will be alone. I was going to suggest having two webcams hooked up or something similar. If he could get his hands out of view he could switch back and forth and record to disk one track, but it would be easier for him to setup, then just do natural interview and not worry about switching.

Can vMix have two live cams record to disk at same time, so when you get back to studio, you can load both and do the switches in vMix after the interview? Or run 2 instances of vMix to get 2 videos?

Any suggestion on how to do this?
darp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 8:55:09 PM(UTC)
darp

Just tried 2 instances of vMix, it seems to work. That does seem to be one way.

One takes 200mb ram and other 120 mb while playing 2 different videos on disk in vMix, not bad at all resource wise.
Bardos59  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 10:18:32 PM(UTC)

Groups:

darp  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 1:04:31 AM(UTC)
darp

Bardos59 wrote:
http://www.vmix.com/help16/

Hi Bardos, I see nothing in Recorder documentation about recording to disk 2 separate input cams at same time. I just tested and vMix will record what is in the output window only, even if it is not playing and a different input is playing.

So at this point only way see to record to disk 2 different cams for 2 cam interview is to run 2 instances of vMix, which does seem to work. Please do tell me if I am missing something.

I have now attempted a dual recording of 2 different sources(using 2 instances of vMix), I used 2 wmv files as source inputs in both vMixes. I can get simultaneous 2 separate videos recorded to disk, BUT they both have the sound track of the first WMV started recorded! (and are totally different videos).

Interesting, I guess could record sound separately and sync later. PowerDirector has an autosync feature that works well, you place multiple camera inputs into it, and it adjusts them so sound matches on all.

Thanks
Stealth77  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 1:07:40 AM(UTC)
Stealth77

Man
Russian Federation

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi. You can use the MultiCorder. It allows you to record the stream to each input. More bodrobnoe description, refer to Help for the program.
darp  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 1:24:14 AM(UTC)
darp

Stealth77 wrote:
Hi. You can use the MultiCorder. It allows you to record the stream to each input. More bodrobnoe description, refer to Help for the program.

You are right,

MultiCorder is an advanced feature found only in the 4K and Trial editions of vMix.
It provides the ability to record the raw video and audio from capture inputs to separate files in addition to the main vMix recording.

MultiCorder has the following minimum system requirements:

Solid State Disk (SSD) or Hard Disks in RAID 0 configuration
Core i7 Quad Core processor higher
High end graphics card with at least 1GB of on board memory

I have the $350 version (HD). But it sounds like multicoder will do several records of different inputs at same time and in differing formats. Because I am getting the same audio on 2 separate video inputs (quite interesting, maybe Martin would understand why) looks like will have to do something else such as just record to SD card on a Vixia on one and in vMix webcam for other. So maybe my hope of supereasy way to do 2 cam interview with one laptop and vMix is not there.

Thanks!
Charssay  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 6:24:25 AM(UTC)
Charssay

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
A Way more simple is to use two videocamera, not Webcam. Record your video in both Camera memory, whatever is SD card, tape or Hdd, and sametime record in vmix.
A the end use a software like Premiere to mix the audio on both. Be only patiente in the process

C.
darp  
#8 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2015 1:41:05 PM(UTC)
darp

Charssay wrote:
A Way more simple is to use two videocamera, not Webcam. Record your video in both Camera memory, whatever is SD card, tape or Hdd, and sametime record in vmix.
A the end use a software like Premiere to mix the audio on both. Be only patient in the process

C.

Yes Charssay that seems the case. MultiCoder would do it but not worth extra cost, just for that. PowerDirector has great auto sound sync feature so would use that.

Thanks
HWL1223  
#9 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 1:22:42 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Has anyone tried this program, either with or without vMix?
http://www.indytek.in/insta-capture.php
Thanks
Bardos59  
#10 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2015 2:44:27 PM(UTC)

Groups:

yes, and it works ok.....but I do not like it