logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scottyp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2015 12:12:23 AM(UTC)
scottyp

Groups: Registered

I have just purchased this Yuan SC542 N4 HDMI and updated the driver as stated in my computer. at first when I started vMix I seen the capture card n the camera selection but nothing showed when I attached a camera Canon G20. so I restarted my machine and ever since I cannot see the yuan capture card even in vmix.

I have a Dell 8700 XPS core i7-4790 16GB 1TB Nvidia GTX745 4GB w/ windows 10 I just updated too.

does anyone have any ideas?
pldesigner  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 21, 2015 9:35:44 AM(UTC)
pldesigner

Also important to mention is your motherboard, I think.

And have you tried pulling it out, restarting the computer and then switching it off again, re-installing the card and try vmix again?

Good luck!
Ragnvald  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 1:26:16 AM(UTC)
Ragnvald

Did you have any luck with this capture card from Yuan? Have been considering this for my set up as well. There is also the Magewell ProCapture Quad HDMI http://www.amazon.com/Ma...oduct_sims?I've=UTF8

It's a bit more expensive, but might be better quality and more stable.

Any input from a successfull set up with either would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
scottyp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:02:04 PM(UTC)
scottyp

Thanks for all the help but i went with a Magwell quad4 pro which works very well.
Ragnvald  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2016 11:11:47 PM(UTC)
Ragnvald

Just wanted to report back and say that I purchased the "Yuan High-Tech SC510N4 HDMI 4ch" capture card (http://www.yuan.com.tw/en/products/capture/capture_sc542n4_hdmi_spec.htm) and it has so far work (almost) perfectly. I've had a blue screen of death on two different occasions. This came when adding a new camera. Maybe it's the voltage from the cameras. A reboot have solves this issue and then when adding the same source a second time, there have not been an issue again. The Yuan card is about $500 less then the Magewell equivalent. It's been working very well beyond these two small hick ups.
Marvin  
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:12:56 PM(UTC)
Marvin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
scottyp wrote:
I have just purchased this Yuan SC542 N4 HDMI and updated the driver as stated in my computer. at first when I started vMix I seen the capture card n the camera selection but nothing showed when I attached a camera Canon G20. so I restarted my machine and ever since I cannot see the yuan capture card even in vmix.

I have a Dell 8700 XPS core i7-4790 16GB 1TB Nvidia GTX745 4GB w/ windows 10 I just updated too.

does anyone have any ideas?

Hi I did have problems with this card before try everything, people from Yuan try to help me, this video card is really good but only work good with some motherboard, I did have the same computer (Dell) but it wil not work with that motherboard, try to build one, with a asus, I got a asus Z97_A is working really good with this motherboard