logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sinc747  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 12:20:02 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 163 post(s)
I should know this and I've looked for the answer by somehow I have a mental block and am not getting it.

How many external outputs can I have? via monitors and output devices like Blackmagic cards?

Thanks!

- Tom
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 3:29:54 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Hi Tom

As far as I know it depends on your license. With 4k or Pro you will have 2 external outputs using your decklink output channels. And of course you will have 2 fullscreen outputs from your supporting graphics card, too. So in this case you can set up 4 different and independant outputs from your vMix system. We do that in our sports production and it works like a charm.

In other vMix editions there is only 1 external output and 1 fullscreen output available. Hope this helps.

Regards
Karsten
thanks 1 user thanked Innomedia for this useful post.
jenkins on 12/5/2015(UTC)
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 4:48:52 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
sinc747 wrote:
I should know this and I've looked for the answer by somehow I have a mental block and am not getting it.

How many external outputs can I have? via monitors and output devices like Blackmagic cards?

Thanks!

- Tom

Tom,
The Pro and 4K have 2 External Outputs. You also get 2 FULLSCREEN options too! The rest of the versions just have one of both. I am still waiting on Martin or someone to help me with my output problem. You can add a shortcut to to change the "input" of External #2 but there is no shortcut option in the list to change the input of the First External #1 which is what everyone under Pro/4k has. I have the 4K version for my sports streaming but I setup the ChurchHD for our sanctuary along with a whole new video setup.

We use the FULLSCREEN to feed video/cams to the Projector screens but we will need to use the EXTERNAL function to send video to in-house TV system and record what gets sent (DVD) to the elderly who can not attend.

For the time being we will just have one camera that is dedicated to the in-house TV (External 1) and the Record function. They wont see any videos played during the service or any of the powerpoint slides but they will just have to live with it until I find out how others deal with this.

I know I added alot more than what you were asking but I am hoping that you or someone else who does HOW stuff can help me out. (I think you have used it for that if I remember some of your videos correctly)

Cheers!
Tim
SportsNetUSA.net  
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 6:01:57 PM(UTC)
SportsNetUSA.net

Was thanked: 123 time(s) in 115 post(s)
@tdurhamjr

If you need more outputs, have you tried a video distribution amp or if you are using HDMI out, a splitter such as this?

http://www.kanexpro.com/item/?id=HD2PTBSP
tdurhamjr  
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 5, 2015 6:18:23 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Karsten,
The problem is not that I need more outputs. I just simply need to be able to control via shortcut which input is being sent to EXTERNAL. There is a EXTERNAL-2 listed in the shortcut list, but not EXTERNAL. So it seems there is no way to change the input for your EXTERNAL function using shortcuts which is the feasible way to do it in the environment we are in (house of worship). I am really curious to find out how other HOW users do it.

We are sending out 2 different outputs (one for the front projectors and one for the TV system/DVD recording. I hope that makes sense.

In the past I knew this option was available but doing sports streaming I have never had a need for it. Now that I have redone our video system and installed vMix in our church I am in a bind.

Thanks for replying.

Tim
sinc747  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:15:34 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Thanks Guys for all the replies. A max of four was what I was thinking but wanted to get some verification first.

I want to make a Feature Request (if not already made) to expand the number of External Outputs. Very useful in some applications to have 6 or more outputs.
sinc747  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 12:20:26 AM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Whoops! Turns out I already made this Feature Request in September!

Lol!