logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thecloudmediagroup  
#21 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 1:11:00 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I'm pleased to announce that the iPad app is now live in the App Store!

https://itunes.apple.com...surface/id978932322?mt=8

Bardos59  
#22 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 4:47:04 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Great, ...but when will we get the Windows version....I believe that more vMix users are using windows than iOS, since vMix is a windows app.....
thecloudmediagroup  
#23 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 5:00:04 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

We do not have an ETA on the Windows version as we have been focusing on the iOS app. When we have an update on the Windows app we will post it in this forum.
Bandit62  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 1:02:18 PM(UTC)

I am having problems finding a user manual for this program....where can I download it...

and I can not get the Function Keys to do anything...DSK 1 -DSK4...they seem to do nothing for me....how do they work
thecloudmediagroup  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2016 2:07:18 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Bandit62 wrote:
I am having problems finding a user manual for this program....where can I download it...

and I can not get the Function Keys to do anything...DSK 1 -DSK4...they seem to do nothing for me....how do they work

The function keys are setup in the vMix shortcuts menu in the vMix Settings.

Go to:
Settings
Shortcuts
Add

This will allow you to add the custom function of that button!

EDIT: You will add the shortcuts to F1,F2,F3 and F4 for the app.

The DSK 1,2,3 and 4 control the 4 overlay channels. This is for overlaying graphics or titles. If you add a title in vMix you can overlay it on your video using these buttons. If your title is channel 6. You would press Overlay 6 and it will overlay that title on your live output on whatever DSK is selected.

UserPostedImage

Hope that helps!

-Seth
Bandit62  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2016 12:20:47 AM(UTC)

Thanks....
like the program....but what happened to the first one you had....think it was to use on the same PC as vMix.....that was nice, since it was so well laid out....straight rather than so square....but, how can I change the size, as it is not re-scale.. .I have to keep it the size it appears on the screen....do you plan on making it able to scale to fit where I place it on my screen

I tried everything, and none of the DSK keys worked for me....all other buttons work perfect.....but I can not get the overlay keys to work, no matter what I try...maybe a video would explain much better
Bandit62  
#27 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 10:21:29 AM(UTC)

I finally got the control surface to work, but it only works with the version 14 of vMix....I tried it on an older system and all works, but on the newer version 16, the Disks buttons are not working....

Also, I was watching your videos on Youtube, and there is a demonstration of the first beta you had of the control surface to use on the same PC as vMix. Have you done any more work on this, as it will be a good add-on to use where only one PC is being used and recording....Is that version available for download.....
thecloudmediagroup  
#28 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 3:04:43 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Bandit62 wrote:
I finally got the control surface to work, but it only works with the version 14 of vMix....I tried it on an older system and all works, but on the newer version 16, the Disks buttons are not working....

I am not sure why you are having that issue. The DSK's will work on all versions of vMix since the API Command for the DSK's is the same for all versions. Are you able to use the DSK's in the web interface? If you have functionality with other buttons in the app then all of the buttons should be functional depending on if you have enough inputs to support using that button. Is the vMix 14 installation on the same machine that the vMix 16 was installed on? Below is a video of the DSK function.

vMix Virtual Control Surface [DSK Function]
Bandit62  
#29 Posted : Sunday, March 20, 2016 4:10:04 PM(UTC)

This is what is happening....I have 2 machines, one with vMix 14, and the other with vMix 16.....I tried the controller with both machines, and it only works fully with the vMix 14 machine..the DSK keys work well...On the vMix 16 machine, the DSK keys are not working.....I tried with a friend's machine that has vMix 16.0.0.115, and it still does not work.....I just do not know why....I also tried with a friend who has the free version vMix 16.0.0.106 on a laptop and it does not work either...
KJ4AWR  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 9:54:30 PM(UTC)
KJ4AWR

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Have you looked into porting the iOS app to Windows using the visual studio bridge?
https://dev.windows.com/en-us/bridges/ios
Seems like a fairly straight forward way to try and get the app over to Windows 10.