logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Bas  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 11:25:06 AM(UTC)
Bas

Groups: Registered

Hi,

I am testing VMix but run into a problem with my upstream to Youtube. I hope that someone can give me a helping hand.
the upstream worked for a couple of days, but without any change of settings, the upstream stopped.
I also send a email to youtube to see if there is any problems on their site, but it's not easy to contact them and i expect not a quick respons from them.
So i also check the iissue on VMix site:

Error message:

FFMPEG.Exited
Last message repeated 152 times
[tcp @ 040e7a80] TCP Buffer has been set to 3990528 bytes
[dshow @ 006c8180] real-time buffer [vMix Video] [video input] too full or near too full (100% of size: 256000000 [rtbufsize parameter])! frame dropped!
[dshow @ 006c8180] real-time buffer [vMix Video] [video input] too full or near too full (100% of size: 256000000 [rtbufsize parameter])! frame dropped!
Last message repeated 153 times
[rtmp @ 040eb1c0] Cannot open connection tcp://a.rtmp.youtube.com:1935
rtmp://a.rtmp.youtube.com/live2/veluwecentaal-7038.qdam-7kfg-ecty-3k5k: Unknown error
Last message repeated 1 times

Does somebody have any clue?
I changed my teststream to the Ustream service and that worked fine.
Thanks for your support

greetings from the Netherlands.
Bas
provispo  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 2:35:01 PM(UTC)
provispo

Same problem here,

We had some streams running for a couple of weeks now, but after restarting
we get these errors too.

Hope someone can help.
Speegs  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 6:31:15 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I've seen that type of problem on 2 occasions.

1. Youtube just wasn't working, but there was no one to contact I just didn't use it for a few days and then it worked again.

2. I typed an extra 0 into one of the bitrates by mistake therefore causing a bandwidth shortage between me and Youtube Live.

I would suggest trying FMLE, because there is no harm in trying before giving up.
HWL1223  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 7:28:02 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I had posted about this here several weeks ago to no avail. Nor does Google provide any support. Nor has my ISP's board though their assistance has been above and beyond.

I am continuing this troubleshoot as I have had very successful YT streams, specifically;
from a Hilton hotel (I forget the ISP)
from NASA Houston (Comcast).

Strangely, Comcast is my office ISP and I cant stream out from here. I CAN get/stream to Amazon/Netbroadcasting.tv just fine, any time, from anywhere!

Yesterday I took my rig with the Comcast crew to 3 different nodes with the same negative results. However, at the end of my trial, after using ALFME in despair, I noticed my black stream was "going".

Today at my office I did the following: [this was ONLY true on Youtube - AWS works fine]:
-> ANY solid color stream with music goes fine, including the stock color bars. When I switch to a scroll, a logo, a pic or video Youtube freezes with "Video output low - YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming. As such, viewers will experience buffering."
-> SO I measured the outgoing bit rate of my system and it drops from the 1.4Mbps its set for when I switch, to about 400Kbps and will not recover till I stop the stream and restart. (I cannot switch back to the color, for instance.)

At this point I think the/some ISP is caching my UDP stream ---- ANYBODY????
When the Player un-buffers, it usually plays the old data unless the browser is refreshed, too.

...driving me nuts!
Thanks
ask  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 8:46:51 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
If this is on your office network it is likely that your IT dept. has applied quotas on the bandwidth (Quality of Service) to YT which is limiting your uploads/dowloads. A simple test for this is to bypass your network by using a 4g dongle direct from your vMix PC. If that works you will need to ask your IT guys to give priority to the RTMP traffic from your PC on the network and through the firewalls to the ISP.
HWL1223  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 4, 2015 10:07:10 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

there is no throttle or restriction in our network over speed, QOS, ports or protocol.
And I said the ISP and I went to 3 other nodes with our system to test with the same results.
Nodes = other physical locations on the COMCAST network, as in different neighborhoods on different fiber links.

My PC is straight into the ISP with no controls. Comcast has also demo'ed different modems with the same results. I suspect a cache issue but I dont know where or why.

I also observe all YT guidelines (like I need them to tell me) but regardless of whether its 400K or 2 Meg, same results across both CDNs as described - Amazon always works, YT is peculiarly temperamental from this location. [ and that bit rate thing! ]

Please re-read what I wrote as to the environments, projects and tests that have been processed.
provispo  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 2:08:30 PM(UTC)
provispo

Bas,

Is your problem already solved?

I am still with this problem that I cant stream to youtube

HWL1223  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 9, 2015 11:06:35 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

no, still having the issues from the office.

I did the gig yesterday from NASA on their Comcast link and it worked perfectly.

Got back to the office and had an email from Comcast:
"We are still working through your situation
Do you have an IPV6 IP Address on his computer, if so have him disable IPV6 so we can isolate this to either IPV4 or IPV6.
Looking at his emails it looks like the remote side is running out of video packets which could be due to a upstream bandwidth or encoding based on the upstream capacity."

At least they are trying!

So:
How do I answer the IPv6? - of course the PC link has an address but I am using IPv4 to talk. OK - I will disable 6.
and
I agree with their comment on the packets (somewhat), but my machine isnt caching PLUS Ive gone as low as 400K so how could I run out of bandwidth? Not to mention my AWS streams always work. My BW at NASA is the same as at the office anyway (10M up throttled on a VLAN). I can see my upload anyway - even with a backup server its below 4M.
...its got to be somewhere in their network, IMO.

Yet Comcast a/k/a Xfinity is listed on Youtube as a preferred provider.

The plot just thickens, damnit!
Jiii  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 3:03:15 PM(UTC)
Jiii

I have also errors when I try stream to YouTube directly from Vmix.

I solved the problem by using Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder, streaming works fine with that.

There is some kind of problems in Vmix streaming, in my opinion.

Can anyone confirm this?

Jiii
ber142  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:37:56 PM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Bas,

Try the b-channel, tcp://b.rtmp.youtube.com as your primary source. That should work.

(we had same problem)

Regards,
Hanno.
thanks 1 user thanked ber142 for this useful post.
HWL1223 on 1/17/2016(UTC)
HWL1223  
#11 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:55:42 PM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

ber142 wrote:

Try the b-channel, tcp://b.rtmp.youtube.com as your primary source.

That wont work -- throws an error re: rtmp.
but rtmp://b.rtmp.youtube.com/live2 IS working (from our office location). Longest I ever held up a stream, though YT shows it as yellow or green, but at least NO RED (yet).

I will also try AFLME as the encoder and report.

Thanks