logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DeeJay  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 8:26:20 PM(UTC)
DeeJay

Groups: Registered
Germany

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi Martin,

we love the replay system! It takes a little practice to use it entirely but once you know your buttons it is just awesome.

Nonetheless there are some tiny tweaks which we believe can make it even more powerful:

Keep first audio playing for every angle
As we export our replay events and use them as a highlight reel, we would love to see an option for audio in replays, that does not restart the audio for every angle of an event but keeps it playing after the first angle is done.
In our hockey productions we have replays from 2 or more angles and it sounds just odd when the same sound is played (an event can be as little as 2 seconds) three times for two seconds. Like an old record jumping ;-)
As I said: this function just as an option which you can activate or deactive in the settings.
Here you find our latest highlight reel and I guess you can figure out what I mean: bit.ly/1878TV-AUG-KEC (no post productional slowing down of replays this time)

Predefined playback speed per event and another audio option
We use two ways of creating the highlight reel: first is the common way via export clip (but then you have some work in editing software left to slow down replays) and second is to use the record option and play all events after our productions (here you can slow down replays as you go but by doing this you obviously also slow down audio and that sounds so loooooooooooowwwwwww and you need to edit this again) ;-)
So I would love to see a drop down or field next to every event, where you can predefine a playback speed which comes in force by exporting and playing that event. Of course we don't want to loose the option to live speed up/down via jogwheel. Therefor you need a checkbox to activate the predefined speed or to deactivate and use your jogwheel.
Looking at the audio part this of course asks for another tiny option: play audio always at 100%, no matter what the jogwheel/predefined playback speed actually is.

Reorder events
Sometimes you don't want/need the events to play in the order your created them but to push events up or down for some reason. With the replay system now it is quite a pain in the *** to reorder the events. Is it possible to add the function to move the selected event up/down a position (like in a PlayList)?

That's it for now, thanks for taking care of so many users request and questions,
Daniel

PS: Ah two tiny bugs/questions just came to my mind,
1) when we use the export function for the replay events and want to edit them in premiere pro, the clips appear "offline" when you drag them into premiere the FIRST time. By deleting the just imported files and doing the import all over the files appear pretty normal in premiere. I got stuck with premiere pro 5.5, so not sure if the problem is on premieres end but I actually never have trouble with this version of premiere
2) for some exported events the last frame appears to be just red. Of course I now look for this but this seems not right.
Innomedia  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 9:43:50 AM(UTC)
Innomedia

Man

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 10 post(s)
DeeJay wrote:

Reorder events
Sometimes you don't want/need the events to play in the order your created them but to push events up or down for some reason. With the replay system now it is quite a pain in the *** to reorder the events. Is it possible to add the function to move the selected event up/down a position (like in a PlayList)?

+1 for that

A quick re-order function like in playlists would help a lot.

Regards
Karsten
krassesPferd  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 3, 2015 6:15:34 PM(UTC)
krassesPferd

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
+1 to both audio ideas. The sloooooow audio makes it impossible to record the clips in slow-mo.

Regards,
Yannick

P.S.: Re-ordering the clips would also be an useful feature to me ;-)
pm  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 12:39:09 PM(UTC)
pm

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I also did some first steps with replay controller. My focus was on playing out short highlight clips.

Some tweaks I would like to see.

Reorder events
As already posted. So +1.

Predefined playback speed
As already posted. So +1.

Handling of selection of multiple events
If I select multiple events and play these events with "Play Events" button, the initial selection disappears and the currently played event is highlighted. Better would be: The selection stays visible and the currently played event is highlighted in another color (or selection changes to other color). After playing the last event, the selection should stay visible (not deleted).

During play of selected events, there should be a time indicator below the output window showing the duration of the selected events (calculated based on the predefined playback speed). Also the rest of playing time should be displayed there.

Regards,
Patrick
Janne Adolfsson  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2016 8:45:00 PM(UTC)
Janne Adolfsson

+1 for all of Daniels idees