logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rizotochaud  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 3:24:53 PM(UTC)
Rizotochaud

Groups: Registered
Man

Hello everyone,

I am currently testing vMix Trial. I have noticed a bug which makes vMix freeze and crash when the output is set to 1080p60/59.94, and the Fullscreen Output is enabled on one of my monitors.

When I activate the Fullscreen Output and do nothing, the picture jitters after 4-5 minutes, and then freezes, but the sound keeps playing. Also, I can recreate the bug instantly simply by dragging the vMix main window from one monitor to another, which makes it freeze.

I have tried to change the source of my inputs (videos, different capture cards...), but the problem is still here.

The only *temporary* solution that I've found is to lower my general output resolution, to 720p60 for instance. It's embarassing because I would really like to have a clean 1080p output :)

Do you guys have a solution to get the 1080p Fullscreen Output working ?

Here is my setup :

Operating System
Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 32 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8,00 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-PRO (SOCKET 1150) 25 °C
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 (MSI) 33 °C
Storage
465GB Seagate ST500DM005 HD502HJ (SATA) 25 °C
238GB Samsung SSD 840 PRO Series (SSD) 29 °C
931GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA) 29 °C
Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS50
Audio
Line 6 TonePort UX1
Capture cards tested : Micomsoft XCapture and AverMedia Extremecap U3 (both 1080p60)
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2015 9:37:36 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This sounds like an issue with your graphics card.I have a similar setup and cannot replicate this. Can you try a new card to confirm?
Rizotochaud  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2015 6:45:21 AM(UTC)
Rizotochaud

Man

ask wrote:
This sounds like an issue with your graphics card.I have a similar setup and cannot replicate this. Can you try a new card to confirm?

The exact reference of my current card is MSI GeForce GTX 960 GAMING 4G, latest NVidia drivers.

I previously had an old HD Radeon 5750 1Gb, I will try to test with this one.

I am testing my current setup in perspective of building a new one for an event that will need some projections of the vMix Program Output. Just being curious, which graphics card do you have on your setup ? Would you recommend it ? :)
Rizotochaud  
#4 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 5:59:33 PM(UTC)
Rizotochaud

Man

Update :
I tried to change my graphics card to solve the problem, but it didn't do anything.

Since the latest update (0.108), vMix doesn't freeze/crash anymore, but still, the source becomes laggy with the time, with many framedrops in the Statistics window.
720p works fine, but 1080p is still problematic.
admin  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 7, 2015 9:50:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 1498 post(s)
Hi,

A couple of things you can try:
(I haven't been able to replicate the issue on our testing machines, so it is certainly not normal)

1. This might be obvious, but double check monitors are being plugged into the graphics card instead
of the connectors on the motherboard back plate. The motherboard connectors exclusively use the intel cpu graphics instead.

2. Check the monitors, I've seen some monitors cause problems with frame rates

3. Check the HDMI cables, a bad monitor cable can also cause some strange frame rate issues to occur.

4. Finally, reset vMix settings to default from Settings -> Default button and restart.
The reason being some settings may have been changed when trying to solve the problem that actually make things worse, best to start from scratch
to make sure!

Hope this helps

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thecloudmediagroup  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 12:24:48 AM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Based on your specs I don't think you should have an issue. We do live video to our sanctuary at 1080P 60 with 4 HDMI Capture inputs. Make sure that your output frame rate and resolution in vMix is exactly the same as your monitor settings in Windows. I have seen this cause issues. You have enough CPU and GPU power so it shouldn't be an issue of resource usage. I would also make sure that there are no weird processing settings enabled in your graphic driver panel.

Are you using any sort of DisplayPort adapter or anything? It's very odd that dragging the window from one monitor to another would cause it to crash.