logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhebbel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:54:47 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Came across these HDMI h.264 rtsp/rtmp encoders that claim 1080p/60

http://www.aliexpress.co...1644_5,searchweb201560_9

Could the be a good solution for working with a bunch of inputs and not needing to leverage a high power PC?

How efficient is vMix at working with rtsp/rtmp streams vs onboard capture or USB cameras?

Anybody know any 24/7 HD streams I could use to test CPU load compared to my other video captures?
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 8:09:40 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
jhebbel wrote:
Came across these HDMI h.264 rtsp/rtmp encoders that claim 1080p/60

http://www.aliexpress.co...1644_5,searchweb201560_9

Could the be a good solution for working with a bunch of inputs and not needing to leverage a high power PC?

How efficient is vMix at working with rtsp/rtmp streams vs onboard capture or USB cameras?

Anybody know any 24/7 HD streams I could use to test CPU load compared to my other video captures?

I have not done much testing, just took a stream in via IP from a PTZ instead of via SDI.

Noticed two things. Latency well was bad over RTSP and yes the CPU usage was higher than capturing via a Magewell SDI input. I was not using any GPU acceleration in decoding that I know of.

Needless to say I went back to using SDI after just making sure my Camera "could" do IP if I needed in an emergency. On a PTZ Latency is very important, not much fun seeing the lag after you move your joystick around.

The PTZ I was using is here: https://www.globalmediap...I-HDMI-PTZ-Video-Camera/

This model didn't say it had IP, but since it had the ethernet port and a web interface I felt compelled to give it a go. It's a great camera so far, I just ordered my second one. Not sure if the second one will come with IP, doesn't bother me if it doesn't of course.

GlobalMediaPro's policies scare me (a box mover with no support), but first purchase arrived a little slow seemed to take about an extra 5 days beyond the time quoted, otherwise perfectly as expected.

Anyway might be of interest a camera that has HDMI, SDI and IP that worked with Vmix. The picture was not crap, compared very well to an Canon XA25 side by side.

Anyway if you don't care about latency, on a quad core i7 cpu I'd "estimate" as I didn't do much accurate measurement you need 5-10% extra CPU for each H.264 1080 input you wish to decode. (Not sure if my video card was helping, it possibly was). I only tried 1 single input, because I could and did not try it for long. It was out of curiosity, I never wanted downgrade my camera to H.264 when I had a perfectly good SDI cable to the camera and a perfectly good Magewell Quad SDI in the machine.

Hope that helps a little.