logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Sola  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 9:03:16 AM(UTC)
Sola

Groups: Registered

We went from Vmix 11 to 16 on a Win7 PC with 32GB of RAM and 4terabytes of HD space. We have a GeForce GT630 installed. Everything worked fine for our dual display prior to the upgrade.

Now, we can't get Vmix External Output to extend to the projectors/monitors around the church - although we can see the PC desktop perfectly fine on those same projectors/monitors, so we're obviously properly hooked up hardware-wise.

Within Vmix (please see attached), we suspect something may be amiss with the external output functionality on our upgraded installation. If you look at the attached jpeg, the Display is set to 2 as we had it under Vmix 11 when it worked fine. We have made no external hardware changes.

What could we have overlooked please?

And should there be a DISPLAY 2 box where I placed the red star on this capture when 2 Displays are selected?

Regards!
Sola attached the following image(s):
Capture.JPG (42kb) downloaded 1 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
Sola  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 9:07:12 AM(UTC)
Sola

Oh yes, we upgraded the OS to Win10 to see if that would help, since it is recommended on the specs pages here. No change. Thanks.
Updated display drivers too.
The PC also streams fine to Sunday Streams Live Encoder/online.
There's got to be some kind of setting thing we're missing in the new version...I see the desktop on all the monitors, but not Vmix output.
Sola  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2015 10:10:17 PM(UTC)
Sola

Okay, figured it out. It was staring me in the face all along. I'd even played around with it a little without realising how critical it was. I attached the image. The FULLSCREEN button acts as a switch (ON AIR) and it had been turned off, thereby disabling the output to the external monitors. Regards.
Sola attached the following image(s):
Capture2.JPG (23kb) downloaded 0 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.