logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 8:40:30 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hi

I need to load up 24 separate video files into inputs on VMIX. Want them all to appear on separate inputs, so the operator can quick fire them (list are not an option).

All the video files are in the same folder (so I can technically select all 24 files in one file explorer 'open file' session)

Is the only way to go through 'Add Input' 24 times? or is there a trick anybody knows to do a bulk load?

I also want to set all the files loaded to the same 'colour bank' - in this case I want them all on yellow.

before anybody asks why, this is a news room type environment, and each day 24 x VT clips are prepared, they follow the format 2015-11-06-STORY-01.mp4 thru to 2015-11-06-STORY-24.mp4. Hopefully what ever trick is available will load the inputs in numerical order across the inputs.

As you can imagine, deleting 24 inputs, and then creating 24 new inputs, setting their options (i.e bank, play with transition... etc.) prior to every bulletin is somewhat time consuming.

Thanks for any suggestions

DYosua  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 9:18:28 PM(UTC)
DYosua

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I had some success doing the following:

1. Choose the color bank you want to add the files to
2. Open the folder containing your video clips in Windows Explorer
3. Highlight the files you want to import
4. Click your first file and drag the group of files from Windows Explorer into the Inputs section of vMix. vMix will import all the files and give each one its own input. I found that whichever file was clicked to begin the dragging was the first file vMix imported. Also, vMix will use the same ordering as your Windows Explorer window, so to have them in order they should be alphabetized before dragging them into vMix.

The Play/Pause/Auto Restart with Transition option can be defined on a preset level in the Settings tab under "Options." I hope that helps!