logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kgoodyer  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 2:31:00 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello Again

I have been using VMIX with a wide range of cameras, mostly high end broadcast stuff HD 1080i / 59.94hz (For US projects) & SD 576i 50hz for UK project. Just starting a Project in 720p, and using Sony BRC-Z330 cameras. They can be set for 1080p or 720p, and are currently set to my project of 720p. The four cameras are connected using a Decklink Quad, with the latest drivers from the Blackmagic Website.

When I view the cameras using Blackmagic Media Express, They report that they are outputting 1280 x 720 @ 50hz Progressive - exactly what I expect. I can see the preview input from the camera, and its picture perfect.

However when I add thm as an input in VMIX (selecting 1280 x 720 50p as the required resolution) i broadly get a black picture. I broadly because every once in a while I will see a single frame flash from the camera.

I can't yet confirm yet with 100% that this is exclusively a 720p problem, but I haven't had issues with any other cameras or resolutions, including the BRC-Z330's little brother (The BRC-300 576i SD), and its Big Brother (BRC-700 1080p HD).

Anybody else had 720p issues? anybody else using any 720p SDI cameras with a Decklink Card?

All The Best

Keith
kgoodyer  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 2:54:46 PM(UTC)
kgoodyer

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 27 post(s)
SOLVED

Sorry lots of red-herrings in my original post. However the solution will be very interesting to anybody that is having issues with Multiple Decklink Channels, and possibly other PCIe cards.

Its all to do with PCIe power management, and whilst windows will tell you your machine is in maximum performance mode that's not quiet true (certainly NOT on a default Windows 7 install - Windows 10 looks OK).

Just follow this simple guide to turn OFF the 'Link State Power Managment' feature in Windows, and all of a sudden all the PCIe devices will be a little more responsive.

http://www.sevenforums.c...nt-turn-off-windows.html

Happy crunching

Keith