logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Reinis  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:43:03 PM(UTC)
Reinis

Groups: Registered

Hi, I'm new in scripting for vmix, but I have noticed that new trigger system is not enough. I think, that scripting could help.
I have PNG sequence as lower third with animation in and animation out and I have XAML that I put over this animation

Sequence should go like this:

I need animation to start (example 2000ms)
After 500ms XAML fades in
Then the tricky part. I need to stop animation and stop XAML somehow (example with Space)
Then resume animation
500ms before end of animation, XAML fades out
And animation end aswell

Is it possible?
Could it be done with Overlays?

Thank you in advance.

Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2015 11:39:37 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
This is very similar to what I have been trying to accomplish. If you are comfortable with a software called Microsoft Blend (Free) you can create animated titles that vMix can then utilize. It creates the XAML file needed by vMix and can be imported as a title. The animation can enter the screen, the text will appear and then stay on screen until you remove the title, which will then animate out. All aspects of the logo and the text can be configured very much like Adobe After Effects. The only problem is there are very few resources to learn how to create these titles within Blend for vMix.

If you search for KAYLA Studios they have some great examples on YouTube of Overlays and lower thirds they have created. But I have not heard back from them when I requested their services...
TVIason  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 5:00:21 AM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have the same problem aswell. Love to learn how to create XML-Titles but can't find any information. I hope someone would make an easy tutorial like the tutorials from Casparcg: ''Creating a dynamic lowerthird''. It would be a lot easier if someone could help me with the start of the learning process. I tried the example file that was given by Martin, but didn't understand a lot of it.
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2015 1:27:21 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
If no one else jumps in with a better explanation I can at least get you started. I have been able to use the AnimatedHD lower third from the vMix title section to study the code within Microsoft Blend and create my own "basic" animated titles. They have text than can be updated from within vMix. The title is driven straight from the .XAML file so the code is important for vMix to understand and import titles properly.

If you have the Blend software on your computer you can try it out by adding the vMix animated title into your project. Link the vMixTitleLibrary.dll file to Microsoft Blend resource folder (This allows the program to understand the terms and definitions required by vMix... or mabybe the other way around...). from there you will be able to view the lower third and learn by changing values and viewing the results. I found it quite difficult to create even a basic overlay that didn't give errors in vMix upon import.

Chuck
TVIason  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 9:11:27 AM(UTC)
TVIason

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Thank you Cpilcher. I'am moving this request to the feature request page because I think many people want a xml tutorial
jhebbel  
#6 Posted : Saturday, November 7, 2015 11:19:54 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Both scripting and xml tutorials and documentation would be great.