logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2015 10:07:39 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I am setting up vMix in a complete overhaul of our church sanctuary media setup and we will start streaming as well. Are any of you guys (church use or otherwise) recording the event live on a DVD so that when the event is over, you can pop the DVD out and have a copy ready to hand to someone? We have an old DVD writer that is being used now but it is not HD.

I am installing a BluRay writer in the PC build (hope to have it done this weekend) and did not know if that can be use with in this scenario. The goal would be to record the DVD and at the end of the service, pop it out, and give it to the lady who reproduces and mails them to the elderly or sick who can't attend.

Any insight or direction on this will be appreciated.

Tim
doyousee.me  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2015 11:15:48 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
wouldn't it be much easier to record it on fast disk (to prevent performance issues) and copy to usb3 device or clouddrive .
that way the editor can import it in proper dvd authoring software , add some menus and titling and burn it.

hardly any extra work, but much more flexible (eg recording doesn't has to be timed to the second, because a snip is quite easy in author software etc)

M@ik
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 2, 2015 12:21:52 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ tdurhamjr

Previously, with vMix SD, I used to come straight out of my Intensity Pro via Composite straight to an external DVD Recorder.
However, since upgrading to vMix HD, I've had issues with the card not outputting a composite signal and have since abandoned the practice, but it should be possible with working hardware.

Ice
dionv  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 9, 2017 4:55:02 PM(UTC)
dionv

doyousee.me wrote:
wouldn't it be much easier to record it on fast disk (to prevent performance issues) and copy to usb3 device or clouddrive .

Not necessarily. In our case, we record direct to DVD (and to SSD), and immediately after service burn anywhere from 11 to 22 copies of the DVD for distribution. Depending on the service, some of the congregation will want copies right away. Other copies are distributed later to the home bound.

I wonder if an output from vMix could be sent to something like Cyberlink's PowerDirector Right-To-Disc, which burns a video stream straight to disc in real time. (Something else to add to my checklist of things to try)

Dion
David-NBC  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:20:15 AM(UTC)
David-NBC

tdurhamjr wrote:
I am setting up vMix in a complete overhaul of our church sanctuary media setup and we will start streaming as well. Are any of you guys (church use or otherwise) recording the event live on a DVD so that when the event is over, you can pop the DVD out and have a copy ready to hand to someone? We have an old DVD writer that is being used now but it is not HD.

I am installing a BluRay writer in the PC build (hope to have it done this weekend) and did not know if that can be use with in this scenario. The goal would be to record the DVD and at the end of the service, pop it out, and give it to the lady who reproduces and mails them to the elderly or sick who can't attend.

Any insight or direction on this will be appreciated.

Tim

If now recording at HD a normal church service will not fit on a standard DVD and needs adjusting to fit, so recording straight to a DVD will run out of space.

David
dionv  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 9, 2017 5:53:03 PM(UTC)
dionv

dionv wrote:
doyousee.me wrote:

I wonder if an output from vMix could be sent to something like Cyberlink's PowerDirector Right-To-Disc, which burns a video stream straight to disc in real time. (Something else to add to my checklist of things to try)

For anyone interested:

I was referring to PowerProducer (*not* PowerDirector, I got them mixed up earlier).

I installed PowerProducer 6, which appears to be the most recent version, and it *sees* the vMix and vMix External as devices, but reports they are locked by another process. Bummer.

I tried various other ways to install a "virtual capture card" that vMix could send to and PowerProducer could read from, but no luck thus far.

The nice part was, it looked like in vMix I would be about to set the External output to SD in order to scale it down for DVD.

Currently it looks like if the Composite output device won't work to send to the standalone DVD recorder, then setting up a Record method to record the files to a DVD-compatible format and then using a DVD authoring tool to make the disc/iso may be the only route.

PowerProducer might be a dead product anyway. Not sure it's been updated in a couple of years or so. And it was the only one I could find that would take the input and send it directly to a DVD with no intermediate step.

Dion
Church_livestream  
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 6, 2017 5:27:38 PM(UTC)
Church_livestream

What our church does is: we hdmi split the external monitor feed from vmix one to a monitor and the other into a hdmi to RCA converter then feed into the DVD recorder.

here is the converter

https://www.amazon.com/G...amp;keywords=hdmi+to+rca

here is the splitter

https://www.amazon.com/S...p;keywords=hdmi+splitter

the video is ok and people are able to get them right away