logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhebbel  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 7:49:01 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Until vMix comes up with a built in MIDI out solution so I can use my APC40 as a tally interface, I am creating a 3rd party command line utility that does this through scripting, conceptually it should all be easy enough but what I am hung up on is how to not lose tbar functionality. Using push button toggles to send a preview to output is easy enough to do through the 3rd party utilities logic, but I want to be able to do the same with the fader such as if fader is 0 shot 1 is live and shot 2 is preview, if it is 1-126 both shots are live, if it is 127 shot 1 is preview shot 2 is live. Basically I guess I need to know how to get the fader MIDI value in the scripting feature in vMix. Also is there a way to get the index of the shot in preview/output?
jhebbel  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 29, 2015 6:07:12 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Scrap that idea, found something not quite as elegant but probably more reliable for now, I will just scrape the HTTP data that vMix creates for the html based tally lights and pool from that data. Due to the simplicity and the fact I already have the MIDI output code for my APC40 from when I was using Wirecast, it should be a snap. Ill upload samples and code when done as I'm sure im not the only one playing around with midi devices looking for tally feedback.