logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mathijs  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 26, 2015 8:08:02 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
When using inputs within overlays, either on the channels within multiview or just the main overlays, this is not reflected on the tally info within the fullscreen multiview out.
I would like to suggest this to be added, maybe with a checkbox to turn it off for those that don't want this for some reason.

I am doing jobs with multiple overlays that display live camera's and just graphic information. It would be good to see which camera is actual within the overlay.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 27, 2015 3:56:44 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Mathijs

Not sure that I fully understand your request. Can you elaborate a little more precisely about your workflow?
A 'Tally Light' system is more for the benefit of the 'Talent', the 'Camera Operator' and floor/stage hands than for 'Control Room' staff who typically have visual references to all or most of the 'Inputs'. The current vMix 'Tally Light' system adheres to that protocol fairly well (Inputs in an active SFX are appropriately taillied as 'Live').
The MultiView screen and UI are slightly different animals. A 'Director' worth his salt is calling the shots from his array of 'Inputs' with the actual 'Output' being highlighted (or tallied) for his/her benefit. I think it would be too confusing and distracting if more than one 'Input' on the 'Multiview' screen or UI were highlighted the same because of being used in and active Special Effect.
Perhaps an alternate colour or dot on the input screen would be a better solution to indicate 'Inputs' that are part of a 'Live' shot but not the actual 'Output' shot, but I'm not sure how easily that can be accomplished or how much benefit it really brings to the table.

Just my thoughts.

Ice
doyousee.me  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 28, 2015 6:39:47 AM(UTC)
doyousee.me

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
and if you mean the camera crew needs to know you can give them a cellphone with the controllerpage in it and tell them what shots they're in

not super , but it works in small productions
Mathijs  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 5:43:20 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
We work with ptz camera's and the remote operator would like to know which sources are live in any way.
I understand it can be a bit messy in other setups, that's why a button to switch this behaviour on or off would be wise.
The option to turn red borders on for all inputs that show up in the live picture is a need for us, to minimize miscommunication.
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 8:34:53 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Mathijs

In other words, your "Cameraman" is using the fullscreen 'MultiView' output as the camera monitor for each PTZ camera. I understand your "need" in this regard, and if it is at all possible to integrate a solution along the lines of what I have suggested above, with an alternate colour or dot, then I'm all for it.

In the meantime, I would suggest that it's no different for any camera operator with the current vMix "Tally Light" system and it is still applicable in your situation. The system essentially relies on an alternate form of communication rather than through the video stream or on the monitor, whether that be through a wired LED set-up or via the web interface and a smart phone. It's not necessarily elegant, but it is a very practical and affordable solution for most operations. I would be inclined to set-up a smartphone or iPod touch for each of your PTZ cameras so that your remote operator can 'see' which camera is "Live" at any given moment (in much the same way as if for a camera operator on the floor).

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ice
ask  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2015 10:10:09 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
You can use the Web Controller with this. Setup your inputs. Open the webcontroller. Open the tally pages. Right-click over the inputs you wish to monitor and open in new windows. Now resize the windows and arrange them on your screen, As the input is put into program you will see the tally turn green.
ask attached the following image(s):
tally.png (49kb) downloaded 5 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.