logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
calamityjane  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 11, 2015 1:31:59 PM(UTC)
calamityjane

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi folks

I ran into a couple of minor snags in last nights production.

1. Can you give a LIST a title ? When I right clicked on the inputs and arranged them in vertical format (to conserve space) I had a hard time selecting the LIST I want to put in preview. This would be easier to select them if I could assign a name.

2. I use Scorebar title and it works great. I use vMix in conjunction with an ATEM TVS. On the ATEM the scorebar (vMix feed) is used as he DSK. My problem was after playing some videos or LISTs , I couldn't figure out how o clear the Program window so I could overlay the scorebug on a blank window. How do I clear the Program window to make it blank?

3. In the List function is there a way to include transitions betweek vidos in my list ?

4. And not from last night. I am going to purchase a Korg Midi Controller, as viewed in the shows by Tom at Eastern Shore Broadcasting. I essentially want it to control the variable fields in the scorebug. The one biggie I am hoping it will allow me to do is to reset the time by using a slider. I am thinking one slider to reset the minutes, a second slider to reset the seconds. Has anyone done this and can confirm it work before I purchase the midi controller?

Thanks

Whit
thanks 1 user thanked calamityjane for this useful post.
sinc747 on 10/11/2015(UTC)
calamityjane  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 7:55:04 AM(UTC)
calamityjane

Man

Bit the bullet and ordered a Korg MIDI controller. Promised delivery is Wednesday, so I should have a couple days to test it before next home game on Friday.

Whit

Here's my highlights from Friday to illustrate the current scorebug which is created in vMix Title maker with shortcuts for the scores, the period and another for overlay on and off.
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 8:20:37 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ calamityjane

1. You can re-name a 'List' input the same way as any input:
Cog wheel of the 'Input'
Under 'General'
Type your chosen title in the "Name" field.

2. Not sure I understand your issue or workflow, if your vMix feed is your source for your score bug and your video list, then you will have to alternate between those 2 inputs and not have your scoreboard as an overlay when you play videos.

3. AFAIK, no.

4. I don't know, very interesting concept though, I hope you can figure out how to do that but I have my suspicions that it wont be possible.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
calamityjane on 10/13/2015(UTC)
calamityjane  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 13, 2015 7:33:33 AM(UTC)
calamityjane

Man

Thank you

1. So easy thank you for enlightening me. It is exactly what I wanted.

2. I like to overlay the scorebug using a shortcut hotkey (and hopefully Korg MIDI controller next game).
For using the scorebug in ATEM I have it as the DSK so can't have any other content in vMix Program window when I use it.
The Good News I discovered/noticed the little drop down arrow beside ADD INPUT
From there you can select BLANK and that is what I needed/wanted

3. I will keep searching for a technique for having transitions in my lists

4. It would be nice if the time in a scorebar title could be reset by employing the sliders in the KORG MIDI controller.
email from Amazon says controller delivery date is Tuesday
After watching Tom Sinclair's video on using MIDI controller I was thinking if each note had 127 discrete velocity settings I could set a different second on the timer every 2 velocity settings. I would only employ 120 (60 x 2 ) of the potential 127 settings. A lot of shortcuts but it will be well worth it if it works.